Beverage Name Advise

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by CNiks, Jun 25, 2012.

1. CNiks

CNiks
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I'm working on starting a new energy drink. I would like to get some opinions on what the catchiest or best name is. Please let me know which one you like best is and why. If you have any other ideas I'm interested in hearing them.

Brio, Crux, Loop, D of E, or Redy

Thanks CHris

2. nocovermr

nocovermr
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I was once in a pitch to name a new drink for Gaterade. I didnt win. However I think the good one is Redy...or maybe Xtra-Redy...just thinking.

3. firstchoicecar

firstchoicecar
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well I will also go for the REDY, and it is the best name for energy drinks among the 5 names.

4. None of those names mean anything to us....yet! See what if i turned it around on you: What name is the best Shoe brand: Giod, Franksy, or EX/4? None of them mean anything to you or me at this point. If you want us to see meaning in your name, you have to plant that idea first. Red Bull had NO meaning to the public until the catch phrase "Red Bull Gives You Wings" was hammered into our heads. Even then though, there was little reference to WTF a Bull colored Red had to do with Flying cartoon people....

5. falconator

falconator
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I also like the hybrid so I think RED-E but I do think JClark is right, a slogan would do you good also. Maybe something like RED-E Pure red lined energy!

6. Mark T

Mark T
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Here is probably what they mean to say - before you name your brand - what is it all about? what is your idea on it? what's the catch on the product? Then comes the name - which would surely be from the ideas you created.

Like for example, this forum was branded BAF through the name of BusinessAdviceForum as it tackles the ideas and thoughts of business owners, the business world and industry and many business-related topics.