better SERP???

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by schrewkathy, Mar 22, 2010.

1. schrewkathy

schrewkathy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello every one.

My site is at number 10 on google now. previously it was on the 48th nuber on the Google, But i am stukc on the this from past 2 months or so.. it is not moving any further, so what should i do to move ahead.

regards Screwkathy.

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Welcome to Business Advice Forum, thanks for joining and posting your question. Can you tell us which site you are working on?

What keywords are you focusing on?

Have you done any link building?

3. joeldavis

joeldavis
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Congratulations on getting on the first page. That's a tough thing. There are a lot of factors when it comes to moving up in the rankings, but it all comes down to one thing: you have to prove to Google that your site will provide more value than the nine sites above you (or whatever ranking position you think you can realistically capture). The most important thing you can do at this point is a competitor analysis. Here's an excellent article on how to do one, http://www.searchenginejournal.com/seo-competitive-intelligence/12816/

I use www.marketsamurai.com for all of my keyword research and competitor analysis. It shows me how many backlinks they have and where they are. A lot of times I can get backlinks to the same places my competitors have them.

One thing about SEO/SEM is it takes time. Sounds like you've been patient for two months, but creating steady, keyword enriched content and building more links or higher PR links than your competitors will help give you that lift. Good luck!

4. btsuccess

btsuccess
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi,
    It’s a huge jump in improving your position at Google. Congrats!
    The answer to your question is simple: more back links. As you have managed to get to the position No 10, then one can be sure that you know how to do it  (you are lucky that you got stuck at the 10th position, not 11th )

5. bascilikapeter

bascilikapeter
    uix_expand uix_collapse

to getter better SERP, you should do some on and off page SEO like social book amrking, directory submission, link builidng etc... to achive the desired SEPR and unique content is must.

6. DavidL

DavidL
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi,

I am assuming your site is bestfreeicons.com and you are focusing on "free icons". I must say that you have done a great job in getting onto the first page. From an Australian based search, you are 5th on the key term "free icons", which is excellent as "free icons" has 550,000 global monthly searches.

I believe you should just continue doing what you are doing as sooner or later, major countries will see your site 5th or so.

7. flora

flora
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Doing both On-Page (it deals with the proper use of title tags, meta tags, alt attributes, keywords, h1/h2 tags, robots.txt and sitemap) and Off-Page Optimization (blog commenting, article submission, forum posting, link exchange, social bookmarking, classified ads, etc.) helps.

8. Johnkitty

Johnkitty
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi there! I found that don't try to focus on the keyword with high competition, just find a niche or keyword with low competition. Don't get me wrong, doing this way, with lots of keyword with low competition will be easier, and then, guess what. It is easy to have keyword ranking well in the first page of google. With many keywords ranking well in google, you can have huge traffic. This is a good and wise way to do rather than just focus on the tough keyword.

9. junglekid

junglekid
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Google search results are dynamic and even geographically oriented. Never heard of the "Google dance"? :) When searching for "best free icons" your site appears as number 1 while for "free icons" it appears to me at number 7 and searching for "icons for free" it appears at number 5.

The only suggestion I'd like to give you is: keep building backlinks, That's the way to not only climb up to the first position but also to stay there.

10. John Peterr

John Peterr
    uix_expand uix_collapse

getting the site from 3 or 4 page to firsts page is not a big deal, since the competition will be around the first page itself. Once you have come in to the first page, you have to do more quality off and on page optimization.

11. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

That's true for less competitive search terms. However, getting to the first page for competitive and highly sought after search terms is very difficult. As an example, "web hosting" is an extremely competitive search term and you would need a large number of back links before getting to the first page for that term.

12. nirav

nirav
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Try to get quality links from do follow blogs and authority blog to improve your position on the first page.

13. bornhaddin

bornhaddin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

To get the better SERP just do social bookmarking, Directory submission, content writing, forum posting, and blog commenting.

14. laaronblase

laaronblase
    uix_expand uix_collapse

For increasing the PR of your site you need to do the on-page and off-page SEO. It contains Directory submission, social bookmarking, forum posting,blog commenting,blog posting, article submission.

15. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You just need to repeat what you did to raise your SERP to the #10 and you might consider to pay SEO company for the work. This happen to most of the webmaster and it happen to me as well. The website listed in front for the "good keyword" normally is big site and they spend alot time and money to develop, it is hard for the individual person to take over their position.

16. dexterallen01

dexterallen01
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thats great that you reach no.10 positon. it is very difficult to reach there. i think you should build some extra quality links. Target same keyword and start buying link from high pr directories and link exchange sites. Its help you to gain high pr and you keywords get index on the top of the page.

17. simonedrich11

simonedrich11
    uix_expand uix_collapse

To get better SERP for the site you must need to get quality backlinks for the site. To get backlinks for the web site you must do the forum posting, blog commenting, article submission. Also make use of the link building techniques to get the backlinks.

18. aandybinaton

aandybinaton
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It is good practice to commit the terms of a SERP to paper and provide a copy of the SERP document to the SERP member in order to ensure that its terms are known. The SERP should be written clearly in order to avoid ambiguities. Its terms, however, should not be so similar to the underlying registered pension plan (RPP) that they impede the employer’s ability to revise the SERP terms as it sees fit. Targeting keywords for better SERPs rankings is a really good strategy for building incremental and additional traffic in your blog.

19. tomjunction

tomjunction
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Its great to know that you have achived number 10 in Google. That is good for you.
    I guess you need to search for new seo techniques for a better rank.
    Why not try to search some info in Google?