Best Web Security Software?

Discussion in 'Computer Questions, Issues & Security' started by Karthikrao, Apr 29, 2013.

1. Karthikrao

Karthikrao
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello All,

Am Entrepreneur & i got a websites for my company. So i need to have web security for my business websites, Can anyone help me out with this issues.!!

2. Mikes

Mikes
    uix_expand uix_collapse

What kind of security are you looking for? Is it ecommerce website.

3. Katerina

Katerina
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Does you site run any CMS? Or it is written from scratch?

4. GeekGhost

GeekGhost
    uix_expand uix_collapse

What platform is your Web site hosted on? Windows or Linux? Are you using a control panel for your hosting account such as cPanel, Plpesk, etc? Is it custom coded or are you using a CMS such as Joomla, Drupal or Wordpress?

There is plenty you can do to add security to your Web site but it all depends on the platform.

5. 27001consultant

27001consultant
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Kaspersky Internet Security 2013 covers all the bases well. With a full complement of protection modules at its disposal, it adds in some useful extras. In particular, it guards against the possibility of drive-by malware lifting financial passwords or details when you're dealing with your accounts. Rated highly for its core protection and repair capabilities, it's a little expensive, but may well be discounted, now it's widely available.

6. Multima$tery

Multima$tery
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I formerly paid to use Norton but now I use free Avast security and it works great! In fact, it works better than Norton and I had to pay for that. Also protect your blog/sites with Askimit and other web security.

7. cathysmith

cathysmith
    uix_expand uix_collapse

HotSpot is an intelligent tool if you are using shared wi-fi frequently.it provide protection to your PC and also protect from harmful threat.

8. rohitkumar

rohitkumar
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Norton Internet Security is best for internet security and virus protection. I anm using it since two years. It protects PC from viruses as well as internet security threats.

9. rommygill

rommygill
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Norton internet security is the best, This software daily updates its files automatically when connected to the internet and keep your system more secure.

10. lewiskent

lewiskent
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Avast and Norton are the good web security software that provides protection to your PC. You can also take assistance from technical support provider, such as AskPCExperts that provides antivirus protection service and their expert provides complete protection at reasonable prices.

11. Tedel

Tedel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Web security would include...

+ servers with GNU/Linux operating system, Luks on the hard disks, and a guard paying attention to prevent unauthorised visitors to the server
    + a good firewall on the server
    + a modified .htaccess file restricting the IP addresses of people who can login to your server
    + brute-force and (D)DoS attack mitigation or protection systems
    + employees using GNU/Linux operating systems, or at the very least Windows with a strong anti-malware protection. Mac is known for being insecure now. Windows is also known for beng insecure, but if you are careful enough you can survive
    + strong passwords and good communication practices (like never, but never... did I say NEVER already?... share a password using e-mail or instant messages)

I hope this helps get you started. You may notice computing security may require some technical knowledge. It is worth hiring someone reliable for the job, even if he is more expensive.

• Like Like x 1
  12. newwaysys

newwaysys
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Performance we give to security sites is depends on how well they work on their key task, protection against malware,though microsoft include progressively better security in each windows os. avast and Norton are also the good web security software that provides protection to your PC. Nowadays many mobile tracking apps are launched for mobile security. You can Trace mobile number for free.

#12 newwaysys, Mar 17, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2015
  13. uditsh

uditsh
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You can make your website secure with https. For that you need to change url from http to https. It protects the integrity and confidentiality of your users' data.
    For high security of your website, I would suggest you to purchase 'incapsula security'. It can protects your website from SQL injection attacks and enhance your website's performance by using a global CDN.

14. mishraraj2603

mishraraj2603
    uix_expand uix_collapse

hello all even i am looking for ecommerce security software but i am unable to get rellivent softwere yet please do suggest .

15. UCkeith

UCkeith
    uix_expand uix_collapse

HTTPS does not make your website secured - it only encrypts data end points. Additionally, a self-signed ssl can be "spoofed". Are you asking for internet security, server security or all of the above? There is end point security that runs on the local server or PC (e.g. Avast - great solution, their Free solution is responsive and reliable and does not take a lot of resources to run); keep in mind that running a security solution on a desktop that it also scans may cause performance issues during the scan and if infected, the scanners may not work. A gateway level security solution is a great way of protecting your infrastructure at the top level without affecting performance of servers and desktops.

Cheers!

16. chad23

chad23
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I've tried quite a few Security Software before I found the most appropriate for me. Now I use the AVDS. As for me it is the easiest and the most accurate. During scanning it can easily and quickly find and manage the repair of security weaknesses in the network and web applications.

17. Remo

Remo
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Banned

Best security software for PC or laptop 2015's best internet security suites for Windows. Security suites tested, Avast Premier 2015
    Avast produces an excellent free AV offering, giving nobody an excuse to lack protection on a PC. This commercial product is not quite such good value, lacking some of the features we've come to expect of premium suites. Backup and PC tune-up are missing or require an extra purchase.
    Core Antivirus Protection
    Antivirus is the heart of a security suite; without an antivirus component, there's no suite. Naturally you want a suite whose antivirus is effective.
    When evaluating an antivirus, I look for high marks from the independent antivirus testing labs. The fact that the labs consider a product important enough to test is a vote of confidence in itself. The very best antivirus products get high ratings from all the labs.
    Privacy Protection
    The best antivirus in the world can't help you if a fraudulent website tricks you into giving away your security credentials. Phishing sites masquerade as bank sites, auction sites, even online game sites. When you enter your username and password, though, your account is instantly compromised. Some clever ones will even pass along your credentials to the real site, to avoid raising suspicions.

18. mason6

mason6
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am using Bitdefender Antivirus, till now I didnt get any issues by using that. I think you should check the Av-TEST 2015,Kaspersky, norton and other types

19. appleannie123

appleannie123
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Recently, I have chosen to try out the PC Matic as seen on TV. I found that it is quite useful and helps with my computing devices and removes a lot of things. I think the security software today, most of it that is, is all safe with regards to the idea that the added firewall is something that can get in the way if you, yourself are trying to open something that you know is safe to open.

20. healingforce

healingforce
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Do you mean web security? If you mean that then I would suggest you to try out Acunetix which is really cool for this type of things. I've been using it for some time long ago it rpeorted me quite some useuful informations.