Best Web Apps for Small Business !!!

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by Rachel S, May 25, 2013.

1. Rachel S

Rachel S
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Two of the most important factors for the small business owner when investing in tools are cost savings, and increased efficiency. Also important factors for many are adaptability, and functionality.

Today small business and home business owners are finding those requirements met via web based applications. As these apps become more mainstream and powerful, small business owners are relying on these savvy tools to help their businesses grow and run more smoothly. These top mobile and web apps can get you organized, connected and visible, and they will help contribute to your success:

1. Evernote
    2. Google Apps/Calendar/Drive
    3. Dropbox
    4. Ring Central
    5. Remember the Milk
    6. LinkedIn
    7. Mailchimp
    8. WordPress
    9. Square
    10. Hootsuite

Which one or more is your preferred one? And why? Is there any additional apps that you still using and nobody don't know about itself, please share with us and how it works?

Thanks in advance, Have a great day :)

Rachel !!!

• Like Like x 3
  2. kristenhanna

kristenhanna
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Few apps for WorkForce Management
    WorkTimer
    Kappix
    Apps for Payroll Management
    Paycheck Manager
    Greytip
    The above listed are the few best web apps. There are some apps which can be used as both web and mobile apps, all these are the great examples of mobile applications development.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Instead of just providing a list, it would have been helpful to explain what these apps do, so that others who may not now use them might decide to try them. Although some of them are well known, even a description of them would help. Based only on the names, I cannot tell what Ring Central, Remember the Milk, Kappix, or Greytip are actually used for. I have been hearing a lot about WordPress, and I have heard the names DropBox, Mailchimp, and Hootsuite, but I am not familiar enough with them to decide whether to use them based only on a recommendation. Also, LinkedIn is not an app, it's a business networking website, so it shouldn't even be on the list.

4. joshua1233

joshua1233
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There are more apps that could help a business.

Invoicera
    Google Docs
    Wufoo

5. carloborja

carloborja
    uix_expand uix_collapse

This one is an old list but most of the tools mentioned here are still useful (and FREE):
    http://biz30.timedoctor.com/9-of-the-best-free-resources-for-entrepreneurs/

Some tools mentioned:

Dropbox - looks like this one is everyone's favorite. Online storage. Starts free at 2GB.
    Github - team management service is designed to facilitate collaboration in software development.
    Google Docs / Google Drive - online documents and spreadsheets
    Prezi - create presentations using a large canvas format, as opposed to traditional slideshows.

6. Richeredmike

Richeredmike
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There is no doubt business must invest money on any software for saving their money and time. so I also have such app which can be use from your Iphone or Ipad. It have nice features as like it send the via message and receipt to the both parties and manage the stock and give the streamline about the inventory. so I would suggest to you use this app for quick and efficient business management.

7. KevinShine

KevinShine
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I prefer the dropbox most. It is the one of the best web application. Required data can be easily stored without any difficulty. Simple, save anything at one place and access from any part of the world is simply amazing.

8. ellisthomas86

ellisthomas86
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I use one tool that gives overall business management, starting from the time tracking, task management, web scheduling, expense management and many more. If at all any feature will not be there then also with the open API the integration can be done up which can be more preferable to work out the process basically. The tool which I am talking about is the one from Replicon.

9. Aleena

Aleena
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I know some apps like
    a few iOS apps for busy CEOs
    -CamCard: Business Card Reader
    -Expensify: Expense Reporting
    -Siri Virtual: Personal Assistant
    -Evernote: Note Taking
    -Cisco WebEx: Virtual Meeting
    -Roambi: Business Intelligence
    -Scanner Pro: Portable Scanner
    -Dragon Dictation: Speech Recognition
    -Quickoffice, Documents To Go: Microsoft Office
    -FlightTrack Pro: Airline Tracking
    -GoodReader: PDF Reader
    -Alarm Clock Pro and Sleep Cycle: Alarm Clock

10. Semina Efst

Semina Efst
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have recently came across an article with the title "10 tools that help your startup work effectively" which analyzes the features of several business software https://www.comidor.com/en/blog/enterprise-collaboration :
    - Dropbox : Dropbox has become a synonym of Cloud storage. If you want your documents to follow you wherever you are and with any device you use then DropBox will be very helpful. For free users the storage limit is 2GB, which is ok for a startup. The problem with DropBox is that there is no connection of your Documents with your everyday work and communication. It is mostly used as a backup
    - Google tools: Google provides users with a set of tools valuable for startups. The web email client is fast and stable, though Google has been criticized many times for using tools which extract data from your emails to offer ads customized to your needs. The size of your mailbox is 15GB, huge for a typical company. Your email attachments can be combined with Google drive, a cloud storage where you can upload your digital documents. Its user interface however can be confusing for most people who are used to a desktop environment. Google Contacts is a great backup of your contact list, since it can be easily synchronized with your Android mobile, while google Tasks let you organize your everyday work in a quite simplified way without too many options
    - Skype : Skype is the best video chat software at the moment. The acquisition by Microsoft shows the power it already had and the potential for the future. Its architecture lets you use audio and video chat with clear voice and quite good resolution most of the times. On the other side, Microsoft sometimes can be confusing (I am still trying to find out what’s going on with my multiple accounts and skype in Windows 8) and may pose some limitations, for example when you are working in different operating system (Linux, MaxOS)
    - Mailchimp:MailChimplis a cloud marketing campaign software. The design tools offered for your emails are simple to use and very convenient. The most interesting part is its Reporting system, which lets you track the visibility of your Campaign and track down your subscribers. You can also post updates to many social media and connect your campaigns with your profiles. It gives you the ability to use an API and connect their service to other CRM software, but this also shows their limitations
    - Mozy: If your company has critical data that need to be secured and backup, Mozy is a nice solution and a quite cheap one. It lets you sync your folders (like DropBox) so that you can access your documents anywhere and at any time, but it also lets you schedule backups so that you are sure you will not lose anything. Ofcourse, this is functional if you are still working using a desktop application and not SaaS software. In the latter case you will not have problems with backup since most SaaS providers offer you this choice.
    - Zohocrm : Zoho CRM, in its full fledged version, apart from the typical Accounts- Contacts and Opportunities/Leads management, it also offers workflows, invoices, social integration as well as document creation/sharing. In its free version though, (for up to 3 users) only Leads/Opportunities, Accounts management and limited social tools integration is provided.
    - Trello : rello it’s a free light task management solution organized around the concept of boards. It is good for creating and assigning tasks and issues and for adding/inviting new members. Trello cannot compete in the project management arena as it has no Gantt charts for planning, no calendar for organizing and no document management functionality.
    - Appear.in: rello it’s a free light task management solution organized around the concept of boards. It is good for creating and assigning tasks and issues and for adding/inviting new members. Trello cannot compete in the project management arena as it has no Gantt charts for planning, no calendar for organizing and no document management functionality.
    - Freeagent : FreeAgent supports unlimited users, clients, accounts and invoices. It is very useful for creating and emailing invoices, track time, expenses and budgeting under projects’ scope, and is compatible with PayPal, Google Apps. However, FreeAgent does not include any document or task management functionality and doesn’t support mobile.
    - Comidor: Last but not least Comidor is a cloud business application suite integrating CRM, Project Management and Collaboration in one platform. Comidor is ideal for SMEs (including startups) due to its efficiency and cost effectiveness in managing all business operations. Comidor offers projects (tasks, resources, Gantt) accounts (opportunities/leads), contacts, integrated e-mail client, document management, workflows and even business intelligence tools for up-to-date powerful reports.asks, resources, Gantt) accounts (opportunities/leads), contacts, integrated e-mail client, document management, workflows and even business intelligence tools for up-to-date powerful reports.

• Like Like x 1
    #10 Semina Efst, Jun 23, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2014
  11. manmohanbkd

manmohanbkd
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think Zopim will also be a good tool for a small business owner for their website as it would help them to have an online chatting facility to serve visitors immediately. There are many more free chatting software as well.

12. Aleena

Aleena
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think it's a good idea to use software instead of apps as software can handle business accounts and other work more effectively.