Best ways to raise money?

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by Preemo, Jun 21, 2011.

1. Preemo

Preemo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

This may not be the correct forum, as it's not for a business, but I'll give it a shot.

How would you reccomend I go about raising funds to buy a forum software? I want to start a football forum, however I want to start it on XenForo, however there's obviously a cost to this. The reason I don't want to start with a free software is because there aren't many converters where you can convert posts, threads and members from a forum software to XenForo.

How would you advise I raise funds for this software? I honestly feel the ideas I have for this forum would make it a success.

Regards
    Ryan

2. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You can do some online jobs like forum posting and save your earnings from there.
    If you are knowledgeable in graphics, you can offer your services in creating logos and ad banners. The pay here is much larger than forum posting.

3. Preemo

Preemo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I suppose I can make an okay graphic - it's nothing special though. How would I go about forum posting? :)

4. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

• Like Like x 1
  5. mbarty2010

mbarty2010
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You might want to try the DigitalPoint partnership forum http://forums.digitalpoint.com/forumdisplay.php?f=119
    You might find some investors here.

Another idea is to freelance and then use the money from freelancing to buy the forum software. Or just use some free software like phpBb or MyBB

6. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

7. Preemo

Preemo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thank you all, all the comments are much appreciated. :)

8. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Preemo you could also offer your forum post services at the Forum Promotion site in my sig. There are a huge number of forum Admins there and many of them are looking for posts for their sites.

9. Andym

Andym
    uix_expand uix_collapse

So what have you decided to go for?

10. Preemo

Preemo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well I'm doing a few little jobs for my Dad, what involve clearing up here and there. I'll only get about £10-£15, but it's something hey? I want to try and raise a good £140. For the XenForo license, and maybe to get it converted over from MyBB to XenForo. I'm going to start the forum up with MyBB, then if members wish to donate towards the license, they can. If not, then I'll be trying to raise funds in the meanwhile anyway.

I'm also job hunting too (and that is hard at my age) to get a little bit of cash.

Thanks. :)

11. youngkia1

youngkia1
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You can offer yourself and do some forum posting works then try to save your earnings:)

12. James Greg

James Greg
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You should really start working online or find yourself an investor, that would be a shortcut :)

13. mmack1993

mmack1993
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You can consider to find an investor, or you can actually sell some service such as helping people to set up forum or manage forum since you have this kind of knowledge.