Best promotional items?

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by Lbvcjhks, Sep 7, 2011.

1. Lbvcjhks

Lbvcjhks
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi all,

We're launching a new business shortly, and are weighing up which promotional items (if any) are worth spending money on.

The business is a job finding service (like monster) but specific to the medical industry.

We're thinking that pens are a good idea, as we've heard on good authority that doctors are forever looking for and stealing each others' pens.

But what else? What success have you guys had with marketing materials?

Please consider our target audience when replying - primarily doctors, often locum doctors on short term placements. Another key market for us will be recruitment agencies.

Many thanks,
    Jason.

2. papachina

papachina
    uix_expand uix_collapse

In my opinion we can choose cost effective promotional items which fit in every pocket and promotional pen. pencils, key chains, keyrings, mug opener, mouse pads all are great items for branding. Try to make these product with good quality and attractive logo.

3. broink

broink
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Maybe you came up with something original, better then pens.
    Something related to medicine, a stetoscop usb memmory (biggher than 4gb).
    Just an ideea, don't shoot :).

4. DaveB

DaveB
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I would spend my money on SEO / SEM / Social Media long before I bought physical promotional products for a web based business. You will probably get way more bang for your buck if you hire the right people or approach them right. Giving something away to people that already have jobs (that are usually long term) does not seem like the best way to get the word out for hiring/recruitment site.

5. Navida

Navida
    uix_expand uix_collapse

In my point of view billboardes, posters, banners, mobile messaging and sponsorships are also the best ways to promote your business. It is the age of internet and mobile so I think online marketing is a good option for this. For more business promotion ideas you may visit "dailytrader.com" and "businesssupplies.com".

6. deannatroupe

deannatroupe
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I do like the idea of pens. Mugs are another good idea. Maybe some sort of a briefcase or tote bag. Also if you could do something with water bottles, that would be a good idea.

7. AmmyJohn12

AmmyJohn12
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think that IT field is also producing enough jobs in the market round the world.

8. Missnancyalex

Missnancyalex
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Every table top item is helpful promotional item for you because your target market is medical industry. You should use letter pads, pen holders and PDA to help doctors. Give other incentives instead of promotional items so you became a brand like a Monster.com.

9. andrewtarant

andrewtarant
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think branded pens are the one of the most effective option to promote business globally. Promotional items are such a best option for marketing to getting success as well as popularity in the market.

10. Justin McCollen

Justin McCollen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

When I started my business the giveaway that we spent money on was a mug and it had a huge impression on some of our clients because after 2 successful years in this business, the client is still with us...

• Like Like x 1
  11. BacklinksInc

BacklinksInc
    uix_expand uix_collapse

postcards, you can get info on them, and they still fit in anyones pocket

12. Leejeong

Leejeong
    uix_expand uix_collapse

How about notepads, Prescription pad, ballpen, water bottle, calendar, or medical books like generic book etc like that. It must be all related in medicine and health or can be used by medical staffs, doctors, nurse, students and interns.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Kev H

Kev H
    uix_expand uix_collapse

A friend of mine does promotional and personalised lighters(amongst other things) - not sure it would be ideal for medical people, but I think amusing :)

#13 Kev H, Dec 14, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 3, 2014
  14. MoneyTrack

MoneyTrack
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I tried the pens before with a business that I used to own. It's difficult to determine the ROI from pens, so if you are just starting out and on a tight budget it may not be the best idea.