Best Program to Monetize Website?

Discussion in 'Making Money Online' started by Jay, Jul 1, 2013.

1. Jay

Jay
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There are plenty programs out there such as Google Adsense which help monetize your website, which program do you feel is the BEST of them all and why? :)

2. Constantin

Constantin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Adsense is all right but you need quite a lot of targeted traffic to make money with it. I don't personally use it.

If you are an affiliate, you may want to place some banners promoting those programs. This is what I usually do.

There is some kind of indirect monetization that I have been using, with good results. For example, I have a website about PTCs. I used to do that back in 2005, but I don't anymore. However, I know a lot about those programs so I created a website apparently promoting "Paid to Click"s. The information is genuine and good quality, but I don't make money from that. I have attached a training section to the website, a tutorial showing to those interested on how to use PTCs to make money how to promote those programs. Among others, I recommend some Traffic Exchange and SoloAd websites, through that tutorial and banners all over the website, that were proved to bring results in promoting a gaming site (where my wife is affiliated).

Whatever they do on those Traffic Exchange and SoloAd websites, after they join, earns me credits which are, most of the time, automatically assigned to promoting this gaming website that makes money.

• Like Like x 1
  3. TimeRider

TimeRider
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I find Youtube a little easier for monetizing. If you have some interesting, knowledgeable, funny or even weird videos then you could upload them in your Youtube account and when you get some viewers and clicks, you have some bucks in your account which you can withdraw.

4. Business Attorney

Business Attorney
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

There is no single best way to monetize a website. It depends on the type of site, type of traffic, and many other factors. Some sites are monetized solely by selling products or services, some by pay per click ads like Adsense, some by banner ads, some by affiliate programs, etc...

Even if you find the "best" way, I would caution you against putting all your trust in one source of revenue. Diversification will typically protect you from the pitfalls of losing all or much of your revenue from a single source.

• Like Like x 1
  5. ICCIEV

ICCIEV
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi,

As you said there is a plenty of programs to use, however a New way to make money online from your blog is by publishing guest posts. there is a new website that offers publishing guest posts from advertisers for a fee. The website itself doesn't get any percentage of the payment so that all the money goes to, depending on your blog PR and traffic you could make a lot of money. This website have secured more than 100,000 USD. I have made only 60$ from few posts. The website name is postjoint.com. Hope this would help.

6. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Are those sites that sell you an ad slot in an email newsletter?

7. BlogMarketingTip

BlogMarketingTip
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I don't use PPC programs to monetize my blog. I don't want other people monetize my precious traffic making their own or affiliate product sales and CPA sign ups earning thousands of dollars while I get paid pennies per click. Think twice.

8. ICCIEV

ICCIEV
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi Fergal,

I believe Solo ads are ads configured within the traffic exchange system to be sent by their own mailing sent which all traffic exchange system users are subscribed to.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Paul0130

Paul0130
    uix_expand uix_collapse

buyandselladds, just for the fact everyone is using it at the moment and it works well

10. mauricecowell

mauricecowell
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It's hard to tell which program can be perfect to monetize one's website, at the end of the targeted traffic matters if you lack on that then that could be the biggest problem. You have to gain popularity from different sources where you can find your target people, after than try to use some program to make money. You can try Adsense, Affiliate marketing or offering you own service or product to your people. You know when it works if leads come in.

11. Portal88

Portal88
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Adsense use to drive your traffic on the first time. But I wouldnt recommend adsense as your bounce rate is very high and not effective. For me, the effective advertisement is you advertise on forum/blog that related on your busiiness. For example our business on web hosting, we prefer advertise our business on forums.asp.net than adsense. On that forums, they are real people/customer that find hosting. :)

12. chipper

chipper
    uix_expand uix_collapse

right now, ads still my bread and butter but i do think my newsletters will take over soon. i use a program, admailr of emercury, that allows me to place text based ads on my newsletters. it's giving me more clicks.

13. youappidotcom

youappidotcom
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I always recommend a blend of different monetization methods. As Business Attorney mentioned, it all kind of depends on your site and the type of traffic you are receiving.

Personally, if you get a lot of traffic, I like to run several CPM offers along side an affiliate offer or two. You might also consider checking out our app recommendation program where publishers like yourself get paid to recommend related apps to their readers and get paid per install. You can check it out at youAPPi.com.

14. Multima$tery

Multima$tery
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The best monetization method that's the "Best Of Them All" is the one that you have thoroughly tested in your niche and has proven to generate the best return ROI for you. You have to test everything to zero down what you should ditch and what you should keep. Also, it's good to diversify with at least 3 money making methods on a single website. Never put all your eggs into one basket, bad idea!

15. Constantin

Constantin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Sorry for the delay in my reply, Fergal. I've just noticed your question :).

No, soload means that you do not share the content of your email with anybody else. It basically means that somebody has an email list and sends an email on your behalf to that list.

There are loads of soloads websites (like List Joe) that offer "free services". They work somehow like traffic exchange site - you send your emails and receive emails from other members. For each email you read and click the link inside you receive credits, that will allow you to send some more emails.

Please note that this is something that I use in that particular case, but for a better response and a better targeted audience I would recommend using a broker.

• Like Like x 1
  16. financepitch

financepitch
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Nice conversion presence here. Some good points are come out from the discussion regarding the ad sense monetize. Thanks.

17. SoftDev

SoftDev
    uix_expand uix_collapse

1st is Buy or Sell ad spaces and the second is affiliate marketing.

#17 SoftDev, Sep 4, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2013
  18. datoneer

datoneer
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I guess the best program would be google adsense but you have to work hard on your website to gain a lot of traffic, then you can consider making good money with adsense

19. ppcpark

ppcpark
    uix_expand uix_collapse

there are many solutions. You can use banner ads, or CPV programs, monetizing your website traffic. google adsense, advertise.com, infolinks, chitika and edomz are some good solutions which you can consider.

20. sasha

sasha
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think adsense, buysellads, clickback and infolinks on top for earn money with website.