Best practices for blog giveaways?

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by Soliloquy, Aug 17, 2015.

1. Soliloquy

Soliloquy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I'm looking for tips on doing blog giveaways to raise awareness for my brand. Specifically, where do you go to find likely candidates to host your giveaway, and how do you choose which one will be best? I've already had a few blog owners ask me for free merch and I've asked them for their site stats, but is there any way of verifying the numbers they give me are correct?

2. Redd

Redd
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Using Google to find blogs where you can promote your brand won't get you the best results.

To make your work easier, I'd suggest you visit a number of blog directories. They usually list blogs by Category. You find all you need in one place.

Technorati went a step further and ranked blogs using their relative popularity. Unfortunately though, the blog directory is at the present dead so you'll have to find other directories, make a list of blogs which interest you and [use Google to] find their alexa rank. This [hard though it will be] would get you the traffic stats you need.