Best path to international business consultant?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by clifborder4fm, Sep 10, 2012.

1. clifborder4fm

uix_expand uix_collapse

Sep 4, 2011
    Hey guys I am about to finish up my business masters in global management in Europe by June and hopefully get my mba the following June but I was wondering if any of you had information on becoming an international business consultant and how I can increase my chances in getting a job like that.

My friend is a regular regional consultant right now and can get me an internship hopefully next summer. She told me though everyone around her who started when she did is getting promoted except for her and she says it is because she hasn't become an expert in one particular field like they did..

My bachelors is in Eastern European studies and I speak Polish but how else can I raise my value I guess?

I love cars and was thinking maybe focus on the developing Auto industry in Eastern Europe.. but how do I do that without an engineering degree?

So should I do an online automotive technicians degree, focus my master's thesis on automotive business, or just go to school again after the mba for an AA in automotive technology?

Thanks for the help.

(p.s. I was planning on learning Mandarin these next 2 years but should I also focus on Russian or another Eastern Euro language?)