Best path moving farward!

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by Aphroditeman, Sep 16, 2016.

1. Aphroditeman

Aphroditeman
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello,

First time posting on this forum and I am looking for some advice. I started a successful roof cleaning company a year and a half ago. I started it when I was 22(23 now) with a very close friend of mine who's idea it was. We decided to not do it together anymore(after about 6 months). The first 6 months June - December we did about $28000 and from April - now I've done about $57000 and projected to hit $75000 by the end of Nov. To be honest, I job hopped a fair amount after high school not really knowing what I wanted to do. I did have some fairly respected jobs though and did well at them. Ever since I started being an aspiring entrepreneur/small business owner, I've realized that is where my passion and heart is.

I played a lot of sports in school and am very competitive(if that matters). I am social and found it fulfilling growing the business to where it is at now in every aspect(no employees yet).

The point
    With no degree I'm wondering if its worth going back to college for a degree in business? The money aspect of it isn't to much of a concern.

I have met so many people/customers of all incomes who gave me great advise/encouragement. I learned such a great deal and work very hard and more than most people.

Do you think it would be worth spending/wasting 4 years to get a bba?

What I want in my future
    Since starting my company I haven't had too many long term goals other than growth. At the start of this last season in April I set a goal of a minimum of $60,000 and to strive for $75,000. I constantly think about what I would want my end goal in business to be. Whether it be a small business owner with a hand full of employees or if I want to work for as much success as I could reach. I don't think it is to abnormal to have it very open still at my age.

Anyways, I would love to hear some peoples opinions.
    Regards,

#1 Aphroditeman, Sep 16, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2016
  2. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Before addressing your question, I wanted to let you know I made some corrections to errors you made - "Sense" instead of "Since", "to" instead of "too", etc. It's a minor thing here, but could make a difference to a potential client.
    Now, to address your question. You said you have no employees, so apparently you are doing all the work, and running the business, by yourself. You're going to need to hire some people, or you're going to burn yourself out. Now, carefully read one question that you asked. The words we use can sometimes tell us a lot about a person's apparent attitude. Here's the question you asked:

So your choices are either spending time, in other words deliberately doing something rather than nothing, or wasting time, which means you are deliberately doing something "knowing" you get nothing in return. Try rephrasing the question, like so:

I think you just answered your own question.

3. VerdinaNET

VerdinaNET
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I see 2 options here: First is to continue working without stuff and without degree as Joseph said, how long can you work like that? That is zero self progress. Second: In your situation if you want to evolve your bussiness you'll have to hire staff. If you chooce that road do you think your practical knowledge gained for the last year and a half will be sufficient for optimal comapany growth ? That is my opinion and i think it can answer your questions.