best keyword

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by martin123, Mar 17, 2011.

1. martin123

martin123
    uix_expand uix_collapse

How can I find best keyword for my website

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

3. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

I read the thread that Fergal suggested, and it should be very helpful. One thing I would add is to think outside the box. In other words, instead of using a specific item or service, use the purpose as a keyword phrase. For instance, if you sell desk staplers, instead of simply going for the phrase "desk staplers", try the phrase "office supplies online". Or, if you have a plumbing repair business, use the phrase "repair leaking toilet". Of course, as Fergal suggested, select the phrases that would bring you the most traffic that is interested in buying your product or service.

4. DavidL

DavidL
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Consider what people will be typing into Google to attempt to search for a site of your genre. Also consider location, so for example, if you had a technology website, you could look at "Sydney Web Media" which will have those specific users searching. Broad keywords such as "computer shop" isn't going to get you anywhere; you'd want something like "Sydney computer shop" or "local computer shop repairs" or "computer shop local district" etc.

5. John Dale

John Dale
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Re:

As per my seo experience, Google keyword research tool is the best tool for keyword research. It is free and very easy to use. I like this tool because you can search keyword related to your country.

6. ArticleSetup

ArticleSetup
    uix_expand uix_collapse

That's good advice, but you don't want to stray too far from your main topic, getting too far out of the box can definitely be a bad thing:). You're better off picking a niche that's wide open as opposed to looking for semi-targeted keywords that will either not achieve rankings or bring you untargeted traffic.

7. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Absolutely. In fact, if you go back and read my post again the last line reads, "select the phrases that would bring you the most traffic that is interested in buying your product or service". And, as DavidL mentioned, "Consider what people will be typing into Google to attempt to search for a site of your genre". For instance, in my own business, if we simply went for the phrase "website marketing firm", because that is what we are, it would not help to be ranked for that phrase if a relatively small number of people search it. Instead, it would be better to get ranked for a phrase related to what people are looking for, rather than what the company is.

8. onlinemarketing

onlinemarketing
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi,

Well you can go with Google adwords or wordtracker. Here you find good related keywords for your website.

Thanks

9. Joylin

Joylin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Choosing keywords is more complicated than simply choosing the keywords that you assume people search for most often. Doing so usually results in lack of traffic and/or lack of sales. Either you might not get sufficient traffic from those keywords or those keywords might not convert well. Here are some metrics to consider for choosing the best keywords to target with your website.

#9 Joylin, Mar 22, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2011
  10. Transcribe

Transcribe
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Try wordtracker. Find out which keyword has more competition in global seaches in your niche.

11. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

basically i agree with Fergal as what he mentioned
    However, i dont suggest go for those keyword with high search volume but those keyword more related to your site and in low competition. Spend some time on keyword research, try get some long tails keyword

12. dripworld

dripworld
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Most of the seo experts have said use low search keywords but i have seen on some sites they rank better for high search volume too.I cant understand why google make dance.If you are trying to compete for higher search volume keywords then It can get ranked but it is also easy to drop your site from ranking.
    Ive used google adword tools and had researched lower higher volume keywords but that always get changing.
    an example you see a lot of webmaster forums but they are always in competition and their title also says webmaster forums.This means they are trying for the larger volume keyword.just check once week webmaster forums in google and you find the results comming up and down.

13. jamhassan

jamhassan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

what is the description of your site then i tell you that what is your keyword.

14. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Not only to consider the search volume but also the "right keyword" and "competitive". i agree that's some charging on the search volume especially on those "period keyword" such as "free coupon march 2011", the search volume is high on only certain period. However, those general keyword might not have big changing

15. aaronsmith877

aaronsmith877
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You use the Google Adwords keyword tool for checking the your website keyword and wordtracker you paid for that...

16. alex12

alex12
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The Google Wonder Wheel is a tool available on the main search page on Google. It can be activated using the “Show Options” bar. The Wonder Wheel will create ramifications from your base keywords and it will display you related topics in a tree form.

17. electroman

electroman
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The thread that Fergal gave was extremely helpful. Also, do not forget to add other meta tags like description to your site.