Best businessname for my IT business?

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by ibrahim_skq, Oct 13, 2012.

1. ibrahim_skq

ibrahim_skq
    uix_expand uix_collapse

hi

I'm looking to register my new business name so suggest me some good name.

In my business we are Web Designing Company. We are specialized in providing best-in-class Web Design and Development package, which covers ERP, Web Designing, Web Development, e-Commerce Solutions, Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Web Hosting Services, Domain Registration,Business Emails.

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Welcome to Business Advice Forum ibrahim_skq thanks for joining and posting your questions. Can you tell us what city or state your business will be based in? Also will you be targeting clients from your local geographic area or will you be seeking international clients via the web.

Perhaps you could go with a name with the name of your area in it, e.g. I'm from a place called Louth, so I might consider a name like Louth Design.

3. GeekGhost

GeekGhost
    uix_expand uix_collapse

#3 GeekGhost, Oct 14, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2012
  4. PS9

PS9
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Coming up with a good name isn't that easy, let alone one which still has a .com available. I'd recommend getting a .com if possible, you can use a different extention for something like "Download.IT" but I'd make sure that DownloadIT.com is also available.

With that said, there's a few ways to come up with names. The simplest? Go on a place like namingforce.com and setup a contest. You'll pay for the name but generally speaking the suggestions are decent. You can also look on sites like that for open contests, one where the suggested names are public, and pick from there. - Some people might debate on that being ethical, since the creator is paying for these suggestions, but they can set it as a private contest if they want.

You can come up with a few words that describe you, say "Information Technology Business Corporation" and make ITBC your name.

You could make something like Slashdot did with a couple geekish terms in it. "FormatC" where "Businesses come for a fresh start" or whatever you come up with.

You can shorten a name like Cisco did, it's simply short for San Francisco.

You can come up with something random but memorable like I dunno, "Atomic Designs" the word atomic doesn't really have to do with IT but it's probably memorable enough.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Mark T

Mark T
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hmm. You can name your business either by using anything that is related to your services or by using your own name for your business /company like let's say ..

ibrahim business solutions,
    ibrahim IT solutions
    ibrahim online marketing

etc.

6. masterbizcoach

masterbizcoach
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Did you noticed that prominent companies are having short company/brand name. For example, Fedex, Colgate, Coke/Coca-cola. Don't use your name for your business, come up with simple and easily remembered name. Like "Speed IT Provider".