Best businessman of the World

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by rehan507, Apr 28, 2010.

1. rehan507

rehan507
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have only one goal in my life & in 2010 i am working harder & regularly to get to it.
    I want myself to be the best businessman of the World.

#1 rehan507, Apr 28, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2010
  2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Thanks for sharing your goal with us rehan507, I sincerely hope that you achieve it.

What plans have you put in place and what actions are you taking, to move closer to that goal?

3. dvduval

dvduval
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The key is almost always people. Make some plans to create a contact list and grow your relationships. The best business man is the one with the right friends in 99.9% of cases. The other 0.1% are the mad geniuses that love to be alone yet aren't quite crazy. Those types are few and far between, and usually are crazy. The non-crazy variety does better, just pointing out there is the occasional exception, and you probably don't want to be it.

4. Kay

Kay
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think contacts are very important. I wouldn't say 99.9% of cases are just about who you know and not what you know though. The days when nepotism was commonplace and the reason why people got in the door are fading fast. It may get you in but if you show yourself to be incompetent, you won't last long. You have to have the brains, drive and business sense to compete and stand out.

Good luck to you rehan507! Count on yourself before you count on anyone else. :)

5. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Excellent point dvduval, I have to admit that's something I've not paid as much attention to as I should. From now on I will be paying more attention to my contacts list.

Kay I agree that knowing the right people won't make you successful if you are not capable and competent. I wouldn't consider what dvduval is referring to, to be nepotism. Business is about people and it is natural for people to prefer doing business with people they know, like and trust. Hence, building a network of contacts is vital for business success.

Mark McCormack who wrote "What They Don't Teach you at the Harvard Business School" said something along the lines of (I'm quoting from memory); "All else being equal, people prefer to do business with people they like, all else not being equal, people still prefer to do business with people they like".

6. Alexishost

Alexishost
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you think you will work harder that will be come true in your life experience. the best thing you can do for your self is to set up your goal to work smarter - the more effective your work.

I pray at the best for your wealth, and all of your desire accomplished easily , effortlessly.:)

7. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

to be the best businessman you have to have great salesmanship skills that would make a man end up buying trucks and fishing boat instead of buying tampon for his wife.

8. rebecca16

rebecca16
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I completely agree that contacts at right places are most important apart from hard work.A proper business plan is very important and its execution is very important.

9. danstat

danstat
    uix_expand uix_collapse

To be the best at anything... you have to "be able to create more with less." This goes along the lines with working smarter not harder. For anyone who is in business will most likely know about systems. If you work hard to create a good business system then you can hire people to run your systems. It is easier to manage a system than managing a bunch of mismatched and inefficient tasks that run the company. Take a look at McDonalds as an example of a good business system.

Hope this helps,

Dan

10. Amato

Amato
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think contacts are very important.

11. MitchelClarke

MitchelClarke
    uix_expand uix_collapse

To be a best businessman there is no need of excellent degree but you need an extraordinary mind that can handle all the situations.Degree is the only gate pass.

12. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Having a degree is not a necessity, there are many successful business people who do not have a formal education.

13. facerecpromo

facerecpromo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

good luck for your Goal and I wish it completes this yea only. Just work consistently with the focus and you will do it.

Good luck.. :)

14. brenddowling

brenddowling
    uix_expand uix_collapse

the greteats business man in my eye has to be Donald trumph. i really like the way he thinks and the way he has built his own empior in a very short period of time. i really admire him and always try to follow his path.

15. rosalind

rosalind
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I wish your dream could realized
    Good luck to you :D

16. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Working hard is not enough, you need to work smart. Work smart is more important than work hard since all is about the quality / effectiveness, not the quantity of work.

Besides, businessman is actually more to marketing and business strategy, building network and planning is playing important roles toward success. Not mean that work hard is not necessary but other factors cant be ignored

17. Shahrier

Shahrier
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There are many very good businessmen in this world but I don't think one has been titled best.. Correct me if I'm wrong.

18. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

There is no definitive best business person, but many people will have their own favourites, people they look up to and aspire to.

19. rebecca16

rebecca16
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think most important thing is what we look for in the term 'best' because best is relative.to me a business man who is self made from the scratch,created immense value for his clients,his employees and himself. And also shared a significant part of his riches with the under privileged.

thats why i respect Paul Allen a lot.

20. youngkia1

youngkia1
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Having a goal in life means you have a perseverance and faith with God and yourself. Good luck to you wish you will reach it as you've said. :)