Best Business Advice

Discussion in 'Website Development & Design' started by hamzo, Aug 19, 2008.

1. hamzo

hamzo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

These Are My Best Business Advice

1.while Creating Your Site Use A Lot Of Color Because Most Of People Like It

2.use Fresh Color

3.do Not Make Your Site Local

4.writing About Funny Topic

5.try To Have Good Google Page Rank

6.do Not Use Small Letters

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Hi Hamzo and welcome to Business Advice Forum.

Can you please explain what you mean by "Fresh Color", do you have any particular colours in mind?

3. Nazreen

Nazreen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Welcome to the Business Advice Forum hamzo.

I wouldn't agree that this is the best advice because different people have different tastes and different ways of doing things. So, what might be best for you might not be best for me and others.

When you mentioned Fresh Colors, I would guess that you're referring to earth colors or maybe lively colors, right? In that case, it would be the colors green, blue, yellow and red. Please correct me if I'm wrong in my assumption.

4. laurenSwaha11

laurenSwaha11
    uix_expand uix_collapse

This is good advice as a general guide line for most online businesses...but all businesses are different and have different needs. Welcome to the forum!

5. markjas009

markjas009
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am agree with nazreen i didn't think so that this is best business advice. He should explain every point in detail.

6. axeline

axeline
    uix_expand uix_collapse

wow..that was/...

It was my first time hearing that those were best.. Lots of color, does that
    mean colorful..? I guess that's a bit odd...the simplier the better..and I guess
    better work more on content...Saying, try to have a Good google Page Rank, I think
    it was just easy.. (I mean, it's just easy to say..) but the work for that pays and
    needs more attention..

7. hamzo

hamzo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

advice

i do not claim that these are the best advice but they are little helpful for a newbie . with respect to fresh i meant colors that contribute tot the topic of the forum .

8. kris1911

kris1911
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Particular color is not going to help at all but the combination and adjustment of color,icon and pictures in the websites will surely affect. If we see the vbulletin default theme then we can find there is good adjustment of blue color and the icons used there. Similarly, all themes are made. We can find wide range of templates in template monstor and most of them are perfect in color combination.

Other point hamzo said is "do not make your site local" and this is too bad point for newbies. It will be much easy to compete with local sites and get popularity soon. When we are top in our local area then we can broad our site to worldwide level.

Writing funny topics will be useful only in joke site not in other. What if someone writes funny topics in this forum ?

everyone will be always trying to get good pagerank. This is not the point but the point it how to get it and what we have to do.

Well, using small letters may not be so good in some places but it matters according to the type of site. If the site is targeted only for the young generation then even small letters won't matter much. However i would also not prefer much small letters.

Thanks for your try to give good advice.

9. DEADMAN

DEADMAN
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I believe using lot of color might generate irritationg or rough in the site unless you use it very regularly and cleaned manner.

Fresh color may refer to clean colors like blue, white, black that are very soft and elegant to use with any theme.

Yes, not local but it would be wise if you make your site specific to make decent amount of traffic.

A funny topic might help get traffic look into your site. However, a controvery section gains alot of attention.

All depends upon your dedication and effort to site.

Do you mean using small fonts? However, we write sentences beginning with big letter, and generally are small. Do you mean using BIG letters at sentence. Won't it a problem?

10. Thador

Thador
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I agree that there are lots of website types and different advices to different websites should be given(it depends on the nature of website), so there is no recipe which could be used every time.

11. simplyjo

simplyjo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hey thx for sharing tips but my advice is to use a clear/plain background for your site. It makes it easier for users to read the content - unless it's an entertainment/gaming site then ppl like to see lots of colors and contrasts in the page.

12. hamzo

hamzo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think that deadman is the only one who understood what i meant with my advice and had explained them clearly .

13. great

great
    uix_expand uix_collapse

actually you are not clear that what you want to say.

14. hamzo

hamzo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

oh great read deadmanĀ“s comment and you will find that what i have said is so simple but it needs minds to understand it .

15. harismon

harismon
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The main point is how to make your site gets a lot of money. Please tell me

16. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Welcome to Business Advice Forum Harismon. If you have a question as to how to earn money from your site, please start a new thread in our Online Business forum. Let us know if you have a site already or if it is something you are planning on doing.

17. chrisdina

chrisdina
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Sorry, but I do not like websites that too many colors. I'm sure visitors prefer websites that are not too many colors, but still beautiful in the eyes

18. Joseph Ratliff

Joseph Ratliff
    uix_expand uix_collapse

1. "Most people" is rather assumptive. What do you base this on? I don't like color personally...I like a clean, professional look to websites in most cases, but that doesn't mean "most people" will like what I like.

2. ???

3. Making a site local isn't necessarily a bad thing, if you dominate a local market that's large enough to support your business, it can be very good for business actually. And, you still have the freedom to pursue the "world"market if you want with that site or another site.

4. Funny to whom? What funny topics?

5. How do I "try to have a good Page Rank" in your opinion? Personally, I put a plan in place for my websites that involves a good SEO approach...like using blogs and building links (naturally, not artificially)...etc...

6. Why not use small letters? If you're referring to making a website readable, fonts and font size (along with colors) do in fact play a role in making a site more readable.

;)

19. harismon

harismon
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The main point that you must concern is how to attract visitors come to your site as many as possible. Do you agree ?

20. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Dont use too many colour, balancing is more important. Too many colour will lose the focus.

Agree

Depend on the market targeted. It is nothing wrong to make the site local if you only target on the local market

This is true, either funny topic or interesting topic to attract the visitor or potential buyer is very important

True, high PR mean the website is more important and have good reputation

You mean font or the small character??? If small font, then i agree but definately not small character.