Best apps for business

Discussion in 'Articles & Tutorials' started by LondonLovesBiz, Aug 5, 2012.

1. LondonLovesBiz

LondonLovesBiz
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Best apps for productivity

Dragon Dictation

A voice recognition app, ideal for transcribing meetings. Dictations can be posted straight to social networking sites - though the accuracy is a bit suspect, so probably best check first. Free; iOS.

Task

Tasks keeps a note of your appointments, meetings, notes, to-do lists and other things more typically consigned to Post-It notes. £0.69; iOS.

Astrid

A personal assistant without the paycheck, Astrid is an organisation app with reminders, subtasks, lists, and widgets that synch across phones, tablets and Astrid.com. Free; iOS and Android.

Locale

Always forget to turn your phone off before meetings? Locale lets you set up quiet zones so that whenever your phone is in a certain location it automatically switches to silent - and turns the ringer back on as soon as you move on. Free; Android.

Best apps for virtual meetings

Google Voices

Styled after Google’s Gmail service, Google Voices is a Skype-like system for PC-to-phone and PC-to-PC voice and video calling, which also lets you read voicemail as email. Free; iOS and Android.

Perfect for smooth business calls over wireless connection - cutting costs and letting you see the whites of your colleague’s eyes.
    Free; iOS and Android.

Best apps for ideas on the go

AK Notepad

Text-based and supposedly “hassle-free” notepad and reminder system, which lets you jot down bright ideas in the pub - and send them to your boss via SMS. Free; Android.

Evernote

A multimedia scrapbook - lets you take down snippets of text, photos, voice memos, files or handwritten “ink” notes and organise them into files. Includes synchronisation and backup. Free; iOS and Android.

Paper by fifty three

Specially designed for the iPad, Paper is an intuitive use of the touchscreen interface to let you take notes, sketch diagrams and doodle - great for creative meetings (and dull ones). Free; iOS.

Best apps for presentations and pitches

Scatterslides

Lets you view and control PowerPoint and Open Office slideshows from your phone, unshackling you from the projector. Free; iOS and Android.

Keynote

Lets you create presentations with easy-to-use tools and a range of effects using the touchscreen on an iPad or iPhone, then save and send them as PowerPoint files. £6.99; iOS.

mbPointer

No more frantic hand signals to get the next slide up - mbPointer turns your iPhone into a wireless remote control for a PowerPoint slide show. £1.99; iOS.

Best apps for marketing

Quicklytics

Who’s watching you? Provides information on realtime data about the sites on your Google analytics account from your iPhone. You can check out visitor information for multiple websites in a matter of seconds. £2.99; iOS.

Instagram

Not just for Hipsters, major fashion and consumer brands are picking up this social photo app - now owned by Facebook - as a marketing channel. Free; iOS and Android.

Twitter

Not only for 140 character updates on what you’re reading or eating, Twitter is a bona fide newswire, recommendation service and marketing channel. Free; iOS and Android.

Best apps for finance and business news

Bloomberg Anywhere

The goldstandard in finance and business news, Bloomberg’s app gives subscribers access to breaking news, market data and tools that let you track your portfolio on the bus or in the limo. Free, iOS.

XE currency converter

One of the most popular currency converter sites in app form - gives access to live currency rates and charts, with a clever swipe-and-type interface that makes it easy to see how many pesos you get for your shilling. Free; iOS.

CNBC PRO

Capitalism to takeaway - the US TV channel has an app that pumps out real-time global stock quotes, currency data and market-moving headlines in brash primary colours before, during and after market hours. Free; iOS.

Best apps for doing business on the go

iTerminal

Turns your iPhone into a credit card terminal, allowing you to take payments pretty much anywhere. While the app is free, there are pretty steep monthly and per-transaction fees. Free; iOS.

2. smartkathy

smartkathy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi,

Thanks for sharing really great information about business apps. XE currency converter is my one of the best app. Because, I have to use this app again and again for currency converter.

3. Arro12

Arro12
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Is iTerminal similar to Square? Or is it something a bit more complex?

4. kristenhanna

kristenhanna
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Good list of apps for business, very helpful too. And I also have some mobile apps for business Dunno, Skitch, Pushover, Sparrow and many more.

5. Jerlene

Jerlene
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Don't forget the PayPal app. That's really important to have(if you accept payments via PayPal) so you can keep track of transactions.

6. mobilejammer

mobilejammer
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Nice List of apps.thank in advance

7. sadiyakhan

sadiyakhan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have some which i have recently visited and these are:
    Mac & iOS.
    Trickster helps you find all of your recently used apps and files.
    Crosspost lets you simultaneously post to Facebook and Twitter.
    Sticky Notifications enables you to pin quick reminders to your Mac desktop.
    Dunno for Mac and iOS could change the way that you take notes forever.
    Cheddar is a gorgeous and fast list app for iOS, Mac and the Web.
    Buy Me a Pie lets you create, share and manage grocery lists with friends and family.
    EmptyInbox for Gmail is an iOS app that helps you hit Inbox Zero.

8. scifi

scifi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Great Apps enlisted ..here are few from my side too--

I think a news channel and current market trends combines display and upater app should also be there...like moneycontrol.com

Investopedia apps is must for business as it gives you power to access any financial term anywhere on your fingertip..

9. 2misi.com

2misi.com
    uix_expand uix_collapse

That is good quality information.
    In my opinion, your description summary show gadget and technology today has application to ease people in business operation.

10. clevelandslim

clevelandslim
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Technology to the rescue! These 10 apps can help make you a lot more productive. Many of them are free, some charge a small fee or offer a paid version, but all are worth the investment.

1. Evernote
    2. Dropbox
    3. Nozbe
    4. Ifttt.
    5. LastPass
    6. Square
    7. Mint
    8. FlightTrack Pro
    9. Expensify
    10. Recruiterbox

11. robertmiker

robertmiker
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I completely agree with all of you guys, thanks for sharing your informative views.

12. TheGrandAdmiral

TheGrandAdmiral
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Evernote is great for making to-do lists and reminders. Wunderlist has similar functionality, but it allows you to share tasks easily with colleagues.

13. MattPel

MattPel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It's not really an app, but Rapportive is such a good gmail extension for prospecting leads.

It shows you if the email you input is linked to a LinkedIN account.

If it is, you see a picture, the job title, and connections.

Really cool tool.

14. alastairbrian

alastairbrian
    uix_expand uix_collapse

This list will be helpful for me. Thank for sharing.

15. Kevin Peter

Kevin Peter
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Banned

Not ever category is been covered. There are a fleet of SaaS apps free and paid. All we need to do is play around with a few to decide on the best as per our requirement and business needs.

16. kitchie

kitchie
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Great list, I'm using Dropbox where I share files with my group.. And it is a big help because I can update my report anywhere..

17. RickOldy

RickOldy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I`m reading a lot of different literature starting ith the business books and ending with classical literature, so the volumes of the readings are pretty much. I`d like to find the application hich will help me to track what I`m already read and what I should read, but still didn`t find anything appropriate. Anybody knows how to help me? Will be greatly indebted if you`ll suggest simple app without any odd functions. Now I`m using notepad only.