Benefits of Social Media Marketing for Smaller businesses

Discussion in 'Social Media for Business' started by WebHostWala, Apr 7, 2018.

1. WebHostWala

WebHostWala
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Social Media Optimisation is one of important SEO topic and widely used by most of the online business holders to promote their business.

1) Social Marketing greatly helps in building brand awareness. It helps you to target the audiences and engage them in the website's products or services. You get a wide opportunity to showcase your products and services to all the online users.

2) Social Media Marketing is free of cost. It just requires your efforts and quality content to be written about your business so that users actually feel interested to visit your website and view your services/products.

3) It greatly helps you in improving website traffic. If you post in business related forums or groups you will get genuine customers who will actually increase your sales and conversion rate. With the increased traffic, your website is likely to rank in top search results as crawlers will look at the site with some important and ranking content.

4) Social Media is accessible 24/7. So any day , anytime you can share news, updates, images regarding your business. Since these is the most used medium in today's generation, you might get customer anytime in a day.

5) Social media websites also help small businesses in providing service to their customers. These networks enable one-to-one interaction and acts as conversation channels and this help in communicating directly with visitors/customers and resolve their queries as soon as possible.

• Like Like x 1
    #1 WebHostWala, Apr 7, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2018
  2. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

No it's not.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Tactical Engine

Tactical Engine
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Social Media marketing is useful but not totally free. With Facebook and Instagram changing their algorithms every now and then, reaching a large organic audience is getting difficult. Yes if you can pay for ads and stuff then your message can reach to a large audience. Also, it's not about writing content anymore. You have to think outside the box and come up with other ideas to keep yourself visible on social media platforms.

4. jcordon7

jcordon7
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Social media marketing is definitely not free. It has a cost, but it is cost effective. I think the advantage of SMM would be their ads are really targeted. With the recent issue of Facebook storing our data (wow what a surprise lol) it is obvious that this is an advantage for advertisers who want their ads directly to their target demographics. Now for small businesses, SMM offers smaller fee compared to traditional ads like TV and Radio.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Julia Sta Romana

Julia Sta Romana
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yeah, social media is free to use but it will cost you in terms of time and resources.

If you're a business on social media, it's not enough to do it yourself anymore. You have to hire someone to manage it. You have to invest in quality content. And the fact that it's 24/7 means it's going to take a significant portion of your time.

I agree with you that social media is great for small businesses. But like every business tool it comes with a learning curve and it comes with significant cost if you want to do it well.

6. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

No you don't. SMM is no different to any other sort of marketing. No need to employ someone to do it for you.
    Actually for most small businesses it's not great at all. The ROI is very poor. For example, the local plumber doesn't need any SM exposure at all.

7. Matt Bertram

Matt Bertram
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I agree with both sides of this argument. Time is for sure money, and effective advertising does cost. You can pay to skip the line or you can put in a ton of work. In today's new economy social influence has power. More visibility with paid or true followers with organic can move markets.

I always agree it should be considered just another advertising medium. Consider social platforms a big cocktail party or networking event and allocate time accordingly.

You have to have clear goals of what you are trying to achieve with it and be able to measure those goals.

Also, different platforms are better for different things, Paid strategies are different than organic ones.

My opinion is that with Social Media gives small business the most access to their target audience than ever before and is something that should be leveraged. It's a way to interact directly with your prospects and customers.

8. Olivia Caitlin

Olivia Caitlin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Social Media is really very helpful in brand promotion especially for small businesses. You can use it to build your brand,connect with the audience in the real time. More over its help you control your online Reputation. Social media is a great source of traffic. If you are from e-commerce or providing and services it has different platforms for different businesses.

9. nadeem

nadeem
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Indeed social media sites are good platforms to bring guests to your business and increase chances to grow your business

10. onlinesocialweb

onlinesocialweb
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Use Social Media to advertise your business and connect with people. I have helped many clients with their businesses on Social Media through marketing. Depends on how you use the marketing and grow your business!

11. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

Depends on the products or services and where your potential clients hang out. If you are selling medical supplies to hospitals I doubt they will be looking on FB for suppliers

12. HarryPings

HarryPings
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I agree with the information which was given by all yet. According to me, Social Media has become needy for business marketing because without it we cannot hike our business online and reach out the target audiences.

13. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

There are loads of ways to market a business without using social media.

14. Kylie Nguyen

Kylie Nguyen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I use social media sites to generate brand awareness and reach the audience I want to target. Social sites like FB (yes, they have changed the algorithms recently and this has affected my business) are free to list my small business and have improved my Google ranking too, surely I work on my content. I do not use many social sites as these 2 works great for me!

#14 Kylie Nguyen, Jun 1, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2018
  15. abhi_garg

abhi_garg
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I agreed with this shared thread about Benefits of Social Media Marketing for Smaller businesses.

Social Media Marketing helps a lot for a Business and this Increased Brand Awareness, drive more Traffic, helps to Improve Search Engine Rankings & Gain Marketplace Insights.

16. Orin Khan

Orin Khan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Obviously Social Media Marketing helps a lot in your big as well as small business too. We have FB Fan page of our official website. Comparing traffic of both Official website and FB Fan page, FB fan page have more interaction than our official website. Even now i can see people are creating short films on Social Media for marketing their products. From Toothpaste to Big Budget car is now been sold on social media. So social media having a great impact on marketing now a days.

Thanks

17. Jacob Hawkins

Jacob Hawkins
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am agree with you, but all the time social media is not responsible to get more and more traffic. there is a lots of other strategies to get more audience like SEO, Blogging and Email Marketing is also very important platform to get more traffic to your business.

18. Emily Lee

Emily Lee
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Social media is not the best but they 100% cost effective. Before using it or spending any money, i highly recommend do some research about your audiences demographics and info. It would be better if you can narrow down your target audiences.

19. Chris Knight

Chris Knight
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Social media marketing....... everybody is talking, nobody is listening.

this means you have to pay to get seen by your target audience......this can be expensive and may not lead to much sales.

.....when paid social media advertising fails to bring sales, they call it "Brand Awareness".......lol

i would advise anyone starting out to concentrate on organic seo search results......it takes longer, but in the long run it will benefit you much more.....anyone looking to buy a product or service usually googles it......what they see in search results is what they click....depending on your product and target market of course..

20. Naresh Kumar

Naresh Kumar
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Social media marketing not only helps online businesses but also helpful to get the client for offline business, I have seen people earning tons of money with offline businesses with the online presence this way they get clients globally and the potential is huge in a short span of time.

It helps to make a brand name you get exposure and bigger clients and social media increasing day by day, even smaller cities using locally, even smaller town using social media and the growth is tremendous.