Be an Agent for change

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by kumaran, May 4, 2009.

1. kumaran

kumaran
    uix_expand uix_collapse

We are constantly asked to be more flexible :mad: and to change the way we work. Like it or not, avoiding change is not an option . One of the single most important things we can do is to be an agent for change and have a mindset that encourages flexibility and openness. In this way one can accept the change, lead others and make personal success effectively :p .

Are we always looking into other wheelbarrows instead of looking into other possibilities. We are 2 types of personalities among us :
    Observer/Critic/Judge :rolleyes: - Thinks that his job is to catch mistakes, pointing out only mistakes and makes poor envt by killing the ideas. This lead to lack of change.
    Participant/Supporter/Coach :) - Thinks that his job is to encourage innovation, help others to develop ideas and create rich/agile atmosphere for innovation and change.

If change is not there we are not here. Hence encourage change and grow towards success.

2. scifi

scifi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think my personality is mixture of Participant/Supporter/Coach & Observer/Critic/Judge...
    While I am more of Participant/Supporter/Coach in my professional life....I tends to be a mixed type in my personal life..Because it is sometimes necessary to be critic to know what is right !!!!

3. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

The need to be able to embrace change is an important factor behind individual and business success. This is especially true during these turbulent times.

I feel that the older and more experienced I get, the more I fall into the "Participant/Supporter/Coach" category.