Basics of a SEO Mindset

Discussion in 'Articles & Tutorials' started by nicknite86, Jun 30, 2010.

1. nicknite86

nicknite86
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The critical part of SEO is to have the right SEO mindset, and attain pointers that can assist in succeeding when it comes to free search engine traffic. I will lay out 3 important SEO mindset basics based on my experience, that many people can overlook or get wrong.

1.) Submitting your site to many Search Engines

In getting search engine traffic the most obvious thing to do would be to submit a site to many; or as many search engines as humanly possible. The fact of the matter is that you do not need to submit your site to any search engines at all. Spending time on other activities such as building internal & external links that will point to or within your website pages. Another activity would be writing good content for your site, such as seen in article marketing. In addition, you can submit to social bookmarking sites or article directories that will get more traffic. What this will end up doing is getting the search engines to indirectly index your and as a side effect rank you high with the possibility of much more search engine traffic coming.

2.) Rush to get High PR but Not Search Engine Traffic

Many are excited to get High PR, but the reality is that PR is not equivalent to search engine traffic at all. If you have a high PR site but are not targeting to a right set of keywords for seo, you will not get get the expectations you want in terms of search engine traffic. Therefore, a right seo mindset for PR is developed from people linking to your site. If web pages with a PR5 link to you, you should be able to get a PR4. And this is all that it means. A high PR page will get indexed more regularly than sites below but that is the only true benefit from high PR, thus not meaning you will get more search engine traffic to your site.

One of the best ways to get high search engine traffic is to forget about high PR as it will come slowly once you add links that point to your site. Focusing in on writing more articles, and posting valuable unique content to your blog daily with a low competition long tail keyword will have the search engines satisfied; or in other words search engines love this and will rank you a higher position.

PR 101- What PR signifies is Page Rank, and this is what Google and other search engines generally apply to each page on the web. Search Engines such as Google also apply a score between 0 and 10 to PR (page rank). Thus, new pages will typically have a page rank of 0. On a yearly basis, search engines update page rank approximately 4 times.

3.) Not needing SEO, already ranked high For My Name

Many people consider that having a specific phrase ranked high in the search engine is enough to not need SEO. For example; “Breaking the bank with Billy”. Being ranked high for specific phrases is a good thing but the fact is that the number of people searching for this specific phrase is extremely low, if any. This is why it is wise to do SEO, and to aim for much more common phrases, such as “making money online fast”, since this would be a higher aim for searchers online.

Overall, the heart of SEO is (or should be) to target keyword phrases that have lower competition. It is possible to rank high without high PR by building more internal & external links to your pages and by daily updating blog or website content. By doing this you can easily get a faster index and rank higher.

2. hunteryz

hunteryz
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If people join the discussion about 4 years ago SEO suggestion,
    That's really funny, Is that serious to get high PR now? I do not think so, and it's not easy

3. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

I have actually seen people, even now, posting threads asking how to increase the PageRank of their website. So, even though the article is 4 years old, there are still people who need to read it.

4. azraf

azraf
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Great share. People always look for high PR backlinks. Even some people think High PR will bring them High Traffic. But reality is, high PR is not 100% guaranty top in search engine result page.

Quantity of back-links is important, if that come from quality websites.

5. chandanthaver

chandanthaver
    uix_expand uix_collapse

you can simply post your website all the search engine. write content unique and effective. use white hat seo technique, update your website time to time.

6. bmwillsmith

bmwillsmith
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Very thorough write up and nice words, it is really helpful for freshers and useful for experienced search engine optimization engineers. From search engine submission to sustain website rank we need to do lot of hard work.

7. Mark T

Mark T
    uix_expand uix_collapse

We just need to simply put it this way: PR is STILL and IMPORTANT metric of GOOGLE. It's not dead. It's just improving and continues to become on of the major factors that determine the sites' success in the SERPS.

8. infinityweb

infinityweb
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Great and helpful! Thumbs up for this article, it gives people an idea pf what SEO can give us, especially to our business.

9. shaadisankalp

shaadisankalp
    uix_expand uix_collapse

you can simply post your website all the search engine. write content unique and effective. use white hat seo technique, update your website time to time. Article submission are the best way increasing the traffic ranking of website.

10. Anahit

Anahit
    uix_expand uix_collapse

In 2014 I think you don't even have to submit your website to search engines. It is being done automatically. All you can do is to set up your Webmasters and Google analytic accounts to track and analyse your results!

11. infinityweb

infinityweb
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Getting advices when it comes to SEO have been a trend and can be viewed easily through the internet but the important part is to distinguish which ones are the good ones and which is not helpful at all. So I appreciate your post which I find as an insightful and good one. I look forward to learn more and share it as well. =)

12. Mark Bates LS

Mark Bates LS
    uix_expand uix_collapse

One of the hardest problems I've had teaching myself SEO is fidning up to the date information. I've resigned myself to mostly using forums for information, since they tend to have up to the date info

13. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Unfortunately, you will still find people who are recommending outdated techniques. There are several in this forum, although there are also some who will correct the outdated information when they can.

14. abhi_garg

abhi_garg
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I agree with these SEO mistakes ! Now a days SEO has changed & Google has become very smart ! Google doesn't allow to create mistakes as well as doesn't like mistakes too. This this time is very smartness time ! So Be Smart & avoid these basic mistakes to get great result.

15. Martinly

Martinly
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Google has been setting priority for website which is user-friendly, so your website, if you want to improve rank on Google, white hat SEO technique with unique content, natural link is the best way. But it may takes long time to SEO

16. amanvermasc

amanvermasc
    uix_expand uix_collapse

you can simply post your website all the search engine. write content unique and effective. use white hat seo technique, update your website time to time.