Basic SEO for a website?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by jacobflores, May 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jacobflores

jacobflores
    uix_expand uix_collapse

What are some basic things I should be thinking about doing for basic SEO for my website?

2. Basant

Basant
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Keywords analyses first
    Competitors analyses
    Then use off page techniques

3. danielnash

danielnash
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi,

Some basic SEO for a website:-

Optimize your title tag.
    Create compelling meta descriptions.
    Utilize keyword.
    Add ALT tags to your images.
    Create a sitemap.
    Build internal links between pages.
    Update your site regularly.

4. rdsbusiness

rdsbusiness
    uix_expand uix_collapse

First, Do On page Submission....Optimize your Site...and analyst the keyword....Concentrate Meta tag and Meta Deascription....Put the quality of content...Avoid keyword stuffing......next do the all submission - off page submission.......

5. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

As Basant mentioned, keyword analysis is first, to make sure you are going after the right keywords. This could probably be combined with competitor analysis, to find out what keywords your competitors are pursuing. Before using the off-page techniques, however, I would do an analysis of your own site to make sure not only that you are doing what you should, but not doing what you shouldn't. Once you've made sure there are no errors or violations of the SEs guidelines (whether done inadvertently or on purpose), only then should you start on off-page optimization, including not only linking, but also various ways of engaging your audience and communicating with your potential visitors.
    If this is a little too basic, danielnash has mentioned some more specific on-page optimization techniques you should use.

6. chandanthaver

chandanthaver
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Seo stand for search engine optimization, as a definition we can say seo is the process we can get the visibility of the website in to the search engine. Seo basically divided in to two category first one is on-page optimization and second one is off-page optimization. meta title, meta description, alt tag these are the on page activity and article, press release, forum posting, classified, bookmarking, directory, blogger, blog commenting, guest blogging. these activity is off-page activity. it is the basic part of seo.

7. touqeer

touqeer
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes keyword targeting is the basic of the search engine optimization if you have not knowledge about the keyword analysis and keyword targeting then you can loose your shirt. But I do not think that we need to analysis the competition in deep. Focus on your content and design which grab the visitors. And then you can go to the search engine optimization.

8. Mark Bates LS

Mark Bates LS
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I've been doing research into SEO as well lately, and most of what I've found has already been mentioned. The only thing I can add is that I've been told by multiple SEO professionals that having your domain name registered for a longer period then 1 or 2 years helps your results.

9. ActionEstore

ActionEstore
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Basic things to start with :-

1) Keywords Analysis .
    2) Competition in keywords.
    3) Create meta tags relevant to page & with keywords.
    4) URL optimization
    5) Site navigation
    6) Validate your HTML, CSS , Javascript.
    7) Alt Tag to images.
    8) H1 & H2 tag should be there for each page.
    9) Content in the website should be uniquee and stuffed with keywords of 3-4 % density.

Thanks ... I hope this Help you alot... Till then good luck with your website promotions.

10. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

I think you may have misspoke here. You do not want to stuff your webpage with keywords, as it will look unnatural. You also don't want to concentrate on the density of keywords. Write your content for the visitor, not the search engines, and you should do fine.

11. Mark T

Mark T
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi jacobflores,

Here's a good read from moz on what are the elements of a perfectly optimized page for your website - http://moz.com/blog/visual-guide-to-keyword-targeting-onpage-optimization

You have to focus first on your on-page elements before moving forward to creating links to your site. You start from site structuring, to content planning and keyword analysis and research.

You plan out all the items you have researched on and make sense of it to your site. Remember that these days, Google is smart enough to determine whether you have quality and relevant content or not. So make sure that your content delivers what users look for using the keywords they use and its intent.

Regards,
    Mark

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.