Barcode Scanner Problems

Discussion in 'Computer Questions, Issues & Security' started by NuroPharma, Jun 18, 2013.

1. NuroPharma

uix_expand uix_collapse

Jun 18, 2013

This is the first issue I am posting on this forum, and I certainly hope someone can help me.

When I came into NuroPharma, I noticed that we had a bar code scanner, just one. A scanner with no name, no brand, no model number...

even the users guide only gave me 1 hint "KBW Interface or Rs232"

Unfortunately, without any additional information, I have no idea where to get additional help to make this scanner work for the business.

A little bit of history behind the scanner- It was ordered by an intern 6 months ago before I got here. He is long gone, and no one knows how he acquired this device. The manual allows me change some settings, but does not offer the features I am looking for.

Progress so far: I was able to get the firmware to print "LONGXIN V1.30 Sep 18 2012 16:12:01"
    I found an "nearly" identical manual online...
    But no images that match the look of this scanner, so I still can't be sure, the keyboard commands to run a command line for "The Decoder" don't seem to work.

So now for my big question:
    Is there any software available to adjust the settings for generic bar code readers?

btw i am running Windows 8.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
  2. Fergal

uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Nov 18, 2007
    NuroPharma unfortunately I don't know the specific answer to your question. Someone in the business must have a contact number or email for the Intern who purchased the scanner, sounds like it might be worth contacting the intern to find out where he or she purchased the item.

Also their should be an invoice in the business from the scanner provider, if you can find that invoice it will give you their contact details.