Balancing act

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by nichewitch, May 28, 2009.

1. nichewitch

nichewitch
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I know that many of us who work online spend a good chunk of our time on getting immediate income to pay the bills. I still do that, as well. It is a tough thing to figure out a balance between immediate income activities and taking action to build a business that will take you beyond trading time for dollars.

I just want to throw in a word of encouragement to those in this situation. It will happen for you! Just keep doing something every single day that furthers your business. You may only have 15 minutes one day - that's time enough to do a bit of promotion for your site or to choose a theme for your next creation. Each step may not seem to get you very far but as long as you keep taking steps each day, your business will grow.

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I know the feeling. Sometimes it's difficult to concentrate on the big picture or long term goals. And it can help enormously to do one small thing every day, when you are feeling overwhelmed. It's fantastic how these small actions can build something amazing over time.

3. Kay

Kay
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It can definitely be hard to make the conscious effort to do something that brings you nearer to fulfilling your long term goals when you have so much to handle immediately but people do it every day. We all have the same 24 hours and it's entirely down to us whether we make the most of them or not.

4. Nazreen

Nazreen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.", that's also one of my favorite quotes. But while you're at it, it would be nice to enjoy the process/journey. But in order for you to enjoy your journey, it's good not to expect too much of ourselves and keep our long-term goal realistic and doable.

5. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Coincidentally I was going to post that quote in our quotes thread. It is a quote close to my heart. I fully agree with the concept behind it and as I've mentioned before it is truly amazing what you can achieve, once you start taking small action steps towards your goal.