Balance of Traffic and Bounce rate!

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by TimB, Feb 19, 2013.

1. TimB

TimB
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hey Everyone,

I am facing traffic problems ... When my website has good traffic the bounce rate massively increases and when my bounce rate decreases the traffic also goes down!

how can I solve this problem?

Visit my Website: www.wglivechatsoftware.com

Thank-you for your help!

2. Picture

Picture
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I would analyze where the traffic is coming from. If it is from random sources who are unlikely to be interested in your product that would be why. If it is through organic searches maybe it is the landing pages, though the home page looks very engaging to me so I don't imagine that would be the reason.

3. AJKpeter

AJKpeter
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I believe that the reason of low bounce rate is not attractive or not unique content, you should work on your website content to attract your targeted audience

4. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Why would the bounce rate effect the amount of traffic coming to the website? Anyway, I checked the SE rankings of your website, and you are only ranking for 5 phrases, none of which are in the top five, in fact, none are on page 1, so we can probably eliminate that as a source of traffic, although you may get some of the searchers. So, like Picture, I would find out where most of your traffic is coming from. Since most of the SE traffic is going elsewhere, are the people who do visit your website really interested in your product?
    AJKpeter also brings up another possible reason. Going back to your rankings, the phrases you are ranking for get from 80 million to 145 million results. That's a lot of competition, to put it mildly. What if anything, are you doing to make yourself stand out? If you look like everyone else, and give everyone the same information your competitors do, why should they stay are your site? Differentiate yourself, and make sure your traffic is coming from people who are interested in your product, and yoyr traffic should increase as your bounce rate decreases.

5. rank90

rank90
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Update unique and useful content at your site and build backlinks from relevant forums and blogs.

6. Eric Wolfe

Eric Wolfe
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The first step in hypnosis (IE, guiding someone's mind to a particular outcome) is to capture their attention. If you want to capture more general traffic and keep it from bouncing, you need to examine the way that your site captures the attention of the viewer. Your lower traffic days, as the other responders have stated, is probably much more targeted traffic and repeat viewers, who have already got a reason to come in. When you get more general traffic, they aren't finding what they are looking for on your site, and they are bouncing. What you need is a landing page that captures the attention of the audience, and then proceed to the next step where you guide and utilize that attention towards your goal.

Start by putting yourself in the position of a visitor to your site. What are you presented with, and what do you think of it? What would be a more effective way to capture and guide the attention of your visitors, with the purpose of eventually funneling them into your sales or other monetization scheme? Try picking up some information from psychology, hypnosis, or NLP to learn what is effective for capturing attention, and what to do with it when you've got it. You need to consider the state of mind a user has when they first land on your page, and how you can utilize that for your own purposes.

7. aaron70

aaron70
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Bounce rate is one of the important metrics to analyze your website traffic, visit quality, goals and conversion rate. Bounce rate is nothing but “the percentage of single-page visit(s) in which the person left your site from the entrance (landing) page”. A high bounce rate indicates that the entrance pages for visitors are not relevant to visitors.By providing quality and relevant content on your landing pages, you can reduce your site’s bounce rate and thereby improve your conversions / goals / subscribers and overall quality of your website.

8. M.umair

M.umair
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I examine your keywords, there are still on google top position.Getting traffic from google is the natural phenomena, whenever you receive high bounce rate or sometime very low.

9. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Are you looking at a country-specific version of Google? If so, which one? On Google.com, he is now, according to Semrush, ranking for only 3 keywords, only one of which is on page 1, in the #9 position. None are in a "google top position". I also don't understand your second statement. Are you saying that getting traffic is natural for a site with a high bounce rate ( I don't know how you came up with that), or are you saying that the bounce rate doesn't effect the amount of traffic?

10. reinafery

reinafery
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Post unique content and submit your link in valuable site.

11. Owen

Owen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Compare your website with http://www.providesupport.com/ and http://boldchat.com/ And think as you are the end user. Where will you go and where will you purchase the software or support client ? Obviously you know your answer and work on it. :dunno:

• Like Like x 1