Bad Site for Linking

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by lomey, Jul 29, 2014.

1. lomey

lomey
    uix_expand uix_collapse

How to identify that which website is good to acquire back link? My question is because i Read a post stating EzineArticle being penalized by Google, which is a high PR site.

2. SConsultant

SConsultant
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Usually a link coming from a well established [highly trusted] website is a useful thing. The best links are those that coming from a site similarly themed that the linked one. These are "very hard to get" links and so serve you well.
    On the other hand the link should harmonize with Google's "natural appear" design - so the best links are coming without link building intervention. Google tries to judge the User Experience on the site the link placed on: it should be "useful" to count.
    Sometimes Google's algorithm(s) find sites too spammy - so the links incoming from there will be "eliminated" from the equation.
    Try to identify neighbouring themed sites and analyse them: whether you can have backlinks from there? Sometimes even 1-2 good links make miracles - instead of having hundreds of poor ones.

3. boysingh

boysingh
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well said..just always remember to avoid placing links to websites that are having low ranks and suspicious of being penalized.

4. alastairbrian

alastairbrian
    uix_expand uix_collapse

High PR can be penalized by the Google and High PR is not a standard to save the site from penalization..Others things like duplicate content, Duplicate back-linking, back-linking at poor sites also matters.
    And more than these Page authority and domain authority also matters as discussed in one of the article present here in BusniessAdviceForum whose link is http://www.businessadviceforum.com/...Rank-And-Domain-Authority-Of-PrestaShop-Store

5. alexfernandes

alexfernandes
    uix_expand uix_collapse

In order to acquire back links, you should opt for a website that has good domain authority as well as decent Alexa rank. Check social signals too. I would advise you to not give importance to page rank. Recently, I got a huge list of social bookmarking sites with high page rank but domain authority was very low. Such sites are of no use. Avoid it.