backlinks & competitor Analysis

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by James12smith, Sep 27, 2013.

1. James12smith

James12smith
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi Friends,

M doing seo for my personal website, so please suggest me :

What is the best way to build backlinks to my site? & Do I need to do analysis of what competitors are doing?

2. VishalBhatt123

VishalBhatt123
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes Competitor analysis is very big part of your sites optimization because from that you know that what they do and that thing is beneficial for you?

You can try all White hat SEO technique for creating the back link for your site.

3. Jason Parms

Jason Parms
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes, competitor analysis helps to know from which source and how, you will get most benefits in term of getting back links. But blindly trust on competitor is also not good thing because sometimes it may happen when you research for competitor’s analysis, at that time the website is on good position in the search engine and after comes big drop in ranking.

Nowadays, quality and fresh content is useful to get natural backlinks for the website and for that guest posting, forum posting, blogging, article submission, video submission are the best effective activities. But before go to build link through these sources once read Google’s content guidelines to know how to built it in proper way. Refer this link https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/66356?hl=en

• Like Like x 1
  4. Honey497

Honey497
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Doing analysis of your competitor's website is a good way to build quality backlinks. Apart from that you can also do forums posting related to your website niche and also guest posting for building quality of backlinks for your website.

5. TimeRider

TimeRider
    uix_expand uix_collapse

James: I have found analyzing what my competitor is doing best to know my tactics. Listing on Free Web directories and Forum Signature links are always helpful which you can freely without paying.

6. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Although you can use forum signature links to increase traffic, and the benefits of that are questionable, links from forum signatures and directories are of little value to the search engines. Following the link is Jason's post will give you the most helpful information. An analysis of what your competitors are doing will also be very beneficial.

• Like Like x 2
  7. kevinkrieger

kevinkrieger
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Guest posting is an effective way to get quality back links. Also write great content and share through social media.

8. Capaldi

Capaldi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Are there any tools for competitor analysing folks?

9. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

What type of information are you looking for on your competitors Capaldi?

10. ndirect

ndirect
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There are plenty in terms of looking at competitors backlink profiles, you can use majesticseo free trial to see links and opensiteexplorer has a free section to use.

11. marrick

marrick
    uix_expand uix_collapse

One of the best ways to check your competitors backlink profile is to see what incoming links are indexed in Google. Though it won't give you the exact number of links, you can be sure that those links can be indexed.

check this out for Google Power Searching: http://www.powersearchingwithgoogle.com/

12. Adithi Rao

Adithi Rao
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes,analysis about competitors will help you to get backlinks to your site..Along with get quality backlinks by doing Bookmarking your site,Forum posting,Directory submission,Web 2.0 submission,Blolg commenting..

13. sportychints

sportychints
    uix_expand uix_collapse

IF you have confident on yourself then do not need to check competitor backlinks...Just do all the task as per search engine rules and you will surly get the positive result...

As per my opinion check your competitors website only when you are confused about Keywords Selection..