Backlinks checker

Discussion in 'Website Development & Design' started by GekiDan, Sep 8, 2009.

1. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Ever wondering how many are your current backlinks to your site?

What are backlinks?
    Backlinks are incoming links to a website or web page. Backlinks enable you to keep track of other pages on the web that link to your website. The number of backlinks is an indication of the popularity or importance of that website or page. In basic link terminology, a backlink is any link received by a website (web page, directory, website, or top level domain) from another website. Backlinks are also called incoming links, inbound links, inlinks, and inward links.

Here's a great tool to test out if you have more backlinks or not:
    http://www.build-reciprocal-links.com/backlink_checker_tool.html

This tool works best for bloggers, part time and full time, who comments on lots of blogs and website and they are wondering if that backlink is working or not. Plus, it displays the Page Rank of the site that have your backlink.

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Thanks for sharing that with us GekiDan. I like the way they show the Page Rank of the sites linking to you. However, it does just that, it shows the page rank of the site linking to you and not the PR of the page where your link is. For example, there are some links to BAF from sites with a PR7 homepage. However, the links are not on the homepage. They are on internal pages with lower PR. Overall it is a useful service and a good resource, thanks again.

3. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

No problem with that. I'm just glad that I helped you all out.
    I'll share again some useful web tools if I found some. :D