Backlink building Vs Keyword Content

Discussion in 'Content Marketing' started by apexis, Jun 29, 2012.

1. apexis

apexis
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Backlink building Vs Keyword Content
    So I've created a new website using a 5 year old domain, its no secret i want to sell website templates cause i have some skills in designing, but i'm to lazy create keyword related content. so if i rely on backlinks alone should i be ok?
    What do you guys prefer backlinks over content or the other way around?

2. kimipatel

kimipatel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

What kind of back-link you would be relied on?

For creating more and genuine back links, you need to publish press releases, articles, and web 2 properties. For deploying these all, you need content and keywords are needing to be targeted in content. In short, you need keywords. If you are not having more free time or tired to perform these all work then it is recommended to hire any good SEO consultant who can give you guaranteed search engine results with affordable rates.

3. elina

elina
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Content is more important than back-links. As you know content is the king. Good content attracts all the people towards your site. brings huge traffic, and more quarries. If you publishing PR or writing articles keywords are very helpful.

Source : Nichesuite

4. DeniseTaylor

DeniseTaylor
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Doubt it. Not with Penguin and Panda. You'll likely have to find some way to drive traffic.

5. Dawey

Dawey
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There is nothing to choose as you need both. The content is the engine, linking is the fuel. The greater content, the better power to run past your competitors, but you also need the fuel. What you need to focus more on or work harder on, links or content, is also nothing you can choose. It depends on your market. You must understand your own market and your competitors.

Also, there is really nothing called "keyword content", just good content, or quality content. You should implement keywords, but visely and write for the visitor. Thinking in the terms of keywords might be a mistake as you must keep the content natural: both for the engines and for the user.

6. Business Attorney

Business Attorney
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Without related content, I don't think you'll see much results in the search engines. Backlinks alone never really were enough. With Google's renewed emphasis on "natural" links, it is hard to see how you can possibly accomplish any decent search engine profile without decent content on your site.

7. sayitproud

sayitproud
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Apexis,

I think you could do it without keywords, but not if you want search engine traffic. If you plan to drive traffic without using search engines then that is a different story.

8. Jerlene

Jerlene
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If it's a site that I built just to sell I will concentrate more on building backlinks to it.

9. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

apexis perhaps you should consider hiring a blog or article post writer who could add content to your site. It would allow you to focus on the core activities of your business and still have someone write content for you.

10. patrick0001

patrick0001
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Remember, quality content is king - Adsense advise.

Adsense is rely content to make income, a site without good content and heavily depend on link do you think it can make money from Adsense?

11. Dawey

Dawey
    uix_expand uix_collapse

No, just about nothing will be earned from adsense without good content.

12. printingray

printingray
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think content is better than making too much backlinks which is bad for site health just create informative content and share to the world which gives you traffic and show off awesome designs of your templates.