Back Links Audited And Want To Remove Bad Liks | Please Help

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by James4, Jul 16, 2015.

1. James4

James4
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi everyone GM to all,
    Last night I've audited my website backlinks and found some bad sources linked to my site. I have created a list of those links and i am confuses about how to make a request for removing them and where I have to put that request. Any info you can provide would be much appreciated.

2. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Use a source like "Whois" to find out who owns the site from which the links are received, and send an email to each owner requesting that they remove the link. Keep a record of each email and when it was sent, plus any replies you get, because you're going to need them. If these attempts are unsuccessful, you can use Google's "Disavow" Tool, but you need to show what you did to attempt to remove them yourself. That's what keeping the records is for. You need to be able to show Google that you actually tried to get the links removed, and everything you did to try to get them removed.

3. James4

James4
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Could you please tell me, can i use direct Google's "Disavow" Tool. What i have to write in the text file be-siding linked sources? If possible then please show me demo copies or original work.

4. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Before using Google's Disavow Tool, you must go through your links and try to get the bad links removed. The good news is if you have several links from the same domain, you only need to contact the owner of the website to get all of their links removed. You don't need to send an email for each individual link. For example, if you have a number of links from "spammysite.com/pageone", and more from "spammysite.com/page two", etc., you only need to contact the owner of "spammysite.com", and request that all links from them be removed. The same thing applies when using the Disavow Tool. More information on the Disavow Tool can be found in Search Console Help, and Moz.com has a Start-To-Finish Guide for the Disavow Tool.

5. benecklary

benecklary
    uix_expand uix_collapse

so much of peoples misunderstood about google disavow tool. peoples think that google remove those links for you. its not like that. website admin remove have to remove the link from their site. once removed it will show as "404 not found" this link will appear in google search to remove this kind links from search results you can use disavow tools.

go to their contact us page fill in message column they will consider to remove link for sure or else find the owner mail id in who.is it will help.

6. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

The Disavow Tool is not used to fix "404" errors. It is for links to a website that are low quality, and the website owner wants the owner of the site containing the link to remove it. It also cannot be the first choice to get these links removed. You must first make an effort to get the links removed yourself.

7. benecklary

benecklary
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi as you said is 50% correct if you want to remove the low quality links from the FFA sites, you have to contact the site owner if he agrees and removed the content from his website. it wont get remove from the search results on google. to remove those links from search results only DISAVOW Tool will help.

8. steveposter

steveposter
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It is recommended to remove the bad links from your site through reaching the site owners while Google reviewing your reconsideration request but there is no estimated time to get the results due to workload. It is best to recover your site with quality links from related websites and establish the website's reputation from the targeted users.

9. ellisthomas86

ellisthomas86
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Reaching out to the website owners for bad links removal could be time consuming work. Rather who knows that tomorrow there would not be any bad links and again a lot of time consumption is required in the same approach. So its better to have disavowing bad links rather that individually getting connected with all the website owners and getting the things done up.

10. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

When links to another site are removed from a website, they no longer exist. So, when Google's bots crawl the website, they will not find the removed links, and they will no longer be considered when determining the rank of the site to which they were linked. Therefore, for those links, the Disavow Tool is not necessary.

The Disavow Tool was Not created to do the work for a website owner who is too lazy to do the work himself. If someone uses unethical or unapproved methods to quickly get links because they don't want to do things the right way, that is not Google's fault. There are, however, some people who can be paid by others to create bad links, and Google knows it is difficult, if not impossible, to get these removed. The Disavow Tool was created to remove bad links after the website owner has done everything they can to get the links removed themselves.

11. Alan Ron

Alan Ron
    uix_expand uix_collapse

First of all, manually analyze all the links and check whether this all links are actually bad or not. If there are so many links from the same domain, then you can request the webmaster of that particular website to remove all those links. If some links are created due to SEO submission, you can also delete some links. Lastly use disallow tool to remove all those links.