B2B and marketing advice needed.

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by Lets Syncro, Jan 2, 2013.

1. Lets Syncro

Lets Syncro
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello - We have a small startup software company that is selling support live chat with synchronized co-viewing. This is new cloud based technology so I am concerned that the language doesn't clearly explain our capablities.

Here is our short bio - to be used for linked in, facebook, etc:

"LetsSyncro is cloud-based software that transforms any company website into an interactive market place. Innovative live chat technology provides synchronized viewing to guide customers to images, products, or listings to match their search. Edit, design, and customize in real time alongside your shopper. Improve online communication and streamline your sales by engaging in active, personal selling with LetsSyncro. "

Below is a link to our site. I would appreciate any and all feedback. Does our site keep your attention? Explain what we do? What can we do differently to clearly define ourselves?

www.letssyncro.com

Thank you for your help

Shawn

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

The text above would suggest to me that your company provides some type of eCommerce software functionality, is that something that you want to communicate?

Once you know what the top benefits your potential customers are seeking, you could incorporate those benefits into your bio. This would be attractive to potential customers as it would allow them to see very quickly, how you are offering something that they are looking for. Have you given some thought to the benefits that your potential customers are seeking from a service like yours?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Lets Syncro

Lets Syncro
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thank you - We can add in language that highlights meeting a company's need. My concern comes from using the term live chat - we get a lot of "personal" traffic instead of business traffic.

4. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Does it matter very much if those people don't fully understand what you are offering? What I really mean is, would they buy your service, even if they did understand?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Tracydcarrow

Tracydcarrow
    uix_expand uix_collapse

we all know the increasing importance of ideas in B2B marketing. Future proof B2B marketer that can develop with the changing market. If more effective with B2B, you need to think about the positioning of your marketing.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Lets Syncro

Lets Syncro
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Tracy - where do you think the best position for b2b marketing is? You are correct that hasnt been my focus, I first want to make sure my message is clear.

7. altcom

altcom
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Seriously, I not really understand what your business deliver, I need to spend additional time know the business nature, which is not very good for user experience. Secondly the design is not very attractive.

You may take this as reference,
    http://newrelic.com/ - New relic has create a great commercial video to explain their business.

• Like Like x 2
  8. rajdeep01

rajdeep01
    uix_expand uix_collapse

This is a transaction between two businesses, whether it’s manufacturer to wholesaler or wholesaler to to retailer. Other transactions might be services such as consulting where a company offers it’s expertise to another company. In basic terms B2B Marketing is where one company sells it’s products to another company.

9. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

How does that help the OP with his original question? He was not looking for a definition of B2B Marketing - he wants to know how best to use B2B Marketing to increase traffic to his website, and keep visitors interested in what they find there. Do you have anything to add that can help him do that?

10. eurekapsycrille

eurekapsycrille
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Some users are not aware of that kind of B2B services (many of those are business owners). And most business owners are skeptical about this kind of service. You need to sum up all your processes in this field. For example, you will put an overview of your business, what will be it's good effect, how do you target potential customers for your clients, and etc. All contents that will possibly answer your visitors inquiry.

Some eCommerce websites don't do that because they will let their leads to contact their customer service through phone call or email. But in this field, you have to directly give some good insights to your customers. If cases happen that they have additional questions, then that's the time they will call your customer support.

To make it short, don't let your visitors spend lots of time thinking what your services are all about. Instead, make them spend their time interacting with your website.

• Like Like x 2