Autoposting New Blog Entries on Facebook

Discussion in 'Articles & Tutorials' started by GekiDan, Jul 10, 2010.

1. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Kay asked about this a few days ago. And it seems it worked for her.
    So I decided to write this little tutorial to help fellow BAF members in promoting their site/blog on their Facebook accounts.
    This way, you can autopost each blog new blogpost a few seconds after you hit the Publish button.
    I have also included a few images to guide you on the way.

1. Log-in to your Facebook account and search for the app called NetworkedBlogs. Click on Register a Blog.

[​IMG]

2. Fill out the form that shows up. Don't forget include the topics since it's important when people search for blogs to follow.

[​IMG]

3. Once registered, add your site's feed by clicking on the Edit Details. This is the way NetworkedBlogs gather information if you have newly posted articles.
    4. Now, go back to your blog's NetworkedBlog's page and click on Feed Settings.

[​IMG]

5. In the Feed Settings, look for this part of the page. Click on the checkbox next to Personal Facebook Profile if you want new blog posts to automatically publish on your profile.
    This is where you can control how NetworkedBlogs behave on your profile. If you want to stop NetworkedBlogs on posting automatically, simply uncheck the box.

[​IMG]

6. Ok, your blog posts are now getting published automatically on your profile.

Next time, I'll share the steps to automatically post your new blog entries on your Facebook Fan Pages.
    Look forward for it.:thumbsup:

Hope this tutorial of mine helps you in promoting your blog on Facebook.

2. EvanP

EvanP
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Banned

Hey GekiDan.

I know this thread is old, but do you know a tutorial for getting latest forum posts added to your Facebook profile? If you do, would you care to share it?

Thanks,
    Evan

3. Kay

Kay
    uix_expand uix_collapse

GekiDan, I missed you posting this first time round. Thanks very much for including the screenshots there too. I always find that very helpful. :)

4. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Sorry I don't know how.

I'm glad I could be a big help on you. :)