Auto Spare Part Business

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by sam1221, Jan 31, 2014.

1. sam1221

sam1221
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I want to start an auto spare part business but i am completely a newcomer in this field. Neither I have any experience of this field nor do i have any body who knows about auto industry. I have some of these queries:

1) what are the things that i should keep in mind before starting auto spare part business?
    2) As there are hundreds of cars and thousands of spare parts, how to decide which spare parts should i buy to sell in my store and in what quantity?
    3) From where should i buy genuine as well as low cost spare parts?
    4) How to decide whether i am being charged genuinely for the spare parts (genuine as well as low cost) that i am buying from the dealer to sell in my store or am i being cheated?
    5) How to zero in about a potential and good dealer of genuine as well as low cost spare parts?

Please help me with your valuable inputs.
    I will be highly thankful to you all.

2. bizwizgenie12

bizwizgenie12
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Trade Knowledge At A Minimum Is Certainly Required

Usually anybody who is new to a field will venture into it only after they have thorough knowledge about the field and/or have enough capital to sustain themselves.

You may get in touch with auto spare parts industry associations in your locality. You may browse through information on the web and also talk to industry experts who have spent x number of years to obtain insights into where you can source the stock from, what are the usual terms and conditions (credit period available, advance payment to be given, etc) and the like.

Hth.

3. amal

amal
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Ok so you need to have a little bit of survey before you start your business. You seem a little confused about what you are trying to do.
    So go on automotive forums and ask people that what kind of car they drive. Or ask them which car did they see the most on the road today. Because then you would be able to tell that which car is the most driven car in that area or your specific demographic. Then you check out about the car and research on it that which spare part gets replaced the most. You can also go out in the field and ask mechanics and which cars come in the most and which car spare parts is sold the most.
    Or if you are trying to make the target market of people who like to fix their cars at home then you need to know that those kind of people also like to buy different spare parts to customize their cars, like different bumpers, side slides, mufflers, plugs and etc.
    Look in to this thing with your customers and your target market. Customer service is important for your business then you need to also have a Live Chat software installed to your site so that when ever your customers would be looking something that you don't have in your inventory, then you can have a small survey of that part that how many people have asked you for that part, then you can keep in record that what are people asking for. Customer service is the core of any business. So don't think that what is your interest in selling, also look into what customers what to have.