Attorney/biz advisor and entrepreneur, of SmartBusinessRevolution.com

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by jhcorcoran, Dec 3, 2012.

1. jhcorcoran

jhcorcoran
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi everyone - I just discovered this forum (thanks to an email from Fergal) and have really enjoyed poking through the archives. I think I am really going to enjoy participating here.

Who am I? I’m John Corcoran

Where am I? I’ve lived in the San Francisco Bay Area for about 10 years.

What Is my Day Job? I have my own law firm in San Rafael, just north of San Francisco. I went out on my own in September 2011 and I’m really glad I did. My clients are mostly small business owners, entrepreneurs and real estate investors, and I help them to grow and resolve disputes.

What am I building? SmartBusinessRevolution.com is aimed at small business owners and entrepreneurs who want to grow their businesses without working 24/7. I write about my experiences with entrepreneurship, how to be efficient, I interview interesting entrepreneurs, and I share non-boring legal tips for entrepreneurs.

I work with business owners every day and have the benefit of seeing what works and what doesn’t work, and what missteps to avoid. I share those lessons.

I also recently launched a podcast where I interview interesting entrepreneurs – mostly ones with an offline business that also has some online component. Past or upcoming interviewees include the founder of Lending Tree, a co-founder of LogMeIn.com, the founder of Three Twins all-organic Ice Cream (a super fast-growing national organic ice cream brand), and the the founder of Help a Reporter Out website, Peter Shankman.

What Is my Goal? The short-term goal of Smart Business Revolution is to support my law practice and provide value for existing clients and attract new small business / entrepreneur clients.

The long-term goal is to create a platform, build a larger following, and monetize the site further especially through e-courses. I’ve co-created one product already (with Kevin Waldron, an entrepreneur/business coach who built a $24M/year business), BizProfitAcademy.com, which is a video training program to help entrepreneurs grow their revenues to increase their business’ value.

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Welcome to Business Advice Forum John, thanks for joining and posting your introduction. Well done on the success you have achieved, your knowledge and experience will be of great benefit to all our members.

In addition to myself, one of our other members is a fan of your blog and has been posting links to it here on BAF, such as this one - How Debbie Koenig Quadrupled Her Business By Focusing on Private Swimming Lessons.

I look forward to reading your posts and I hope you enjoy our forum.