Attitude in business & sales.

Discussion in 'Articles & Tutorials' started by DamienGreen, Dec 7, 2010.

1. DamienGreen

DamienGreen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I’m going to go and have a little rant about attitude and how it not only affects your Retail/sales/Business but also the rest of your life, partly because what happens in your Retail/sales/Business is affect the rest of your personal and family life.

first you really need to understand that there are different types of attitude and each are important so I’m going to go through them now.

Personal Attitude - Personal attitude is all about the way you see yourself, and how you handle day to day life. To have a positive personal attitude, you need to look at things you don’t like about yourself and your personality and change them if you want to, remember, nothing will ever change unless you give it a go. It will be this can-do attitude that will also make you feel good as well.

Making an effort to be in a good mood, you can really start to have a more positive outlook at everything you do.

Professional Attitude – This does tie in with the first, to be fair, you can’t have one without the other. Running a business or working in retail & sales can be stressful and a lot of people do something I like to call Loosing their attitude, this means they have lost enthusiasm in the tasks they are doing, it becomes harder to do your job.

Your more likely to do less or worse if you have lost your attitude. To get around this you need to remind yourself about the reasons & rewards that you do this job for, also the satisfaction of seeing your results of success and what you want in the future.

If you can do this, you can keep yourself motivated, keep that good attitude, and get good results.

I would like you now, to consider what you have read here and apply it to your everyday life and work. Then come back and comment on how it turned out for you.

Thanks for reading and goodnight!

By Damien Green

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Good article Damien, thanks for sharing it with us. A person's attitude has a vital impact on their level of success, we don't see many successful people with negative attitudes, regardless of what their external circumstances are like.

3. DamienGreen

DamienGreen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks for the good comment :)

4. habeebraja

habeebraja
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Its a good article post,Thanks for your valuable information.To increase the business the first-most thing is proper planning and analyzing the market,According to the market we have to mold our business.

5. DavidL

DavidL
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Very true post, although attitudes is just one facet of the multifaceted concept of a business. A good, positive attitude can really keep your persistent in your goals and should always be considered a stepping stone in getting larger as a business.

6. DaveB

DaveB
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes I do agree with the posts that attitudes are critical to the success of anyone intending to start their own business or be a valuable employee to almost any organization.

I believe that a strength of character coupled with grit and determination is essential for the budding entrepreneur to succeed in any sector. Just look at how many successful entrepreneurs started with almost nothing (some were even homeless). They rose to where they are today because of their determination and belief in their own ideas.

We need to exhibit a professional self when we are at work too. It is important for us to not mix and mash personal affairs with work affairs and the wise person will always be able to draw a clear defining line between these two in order to prevent conflicts and to remain productive.