Aside from Paypal.

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by firstchoicecar, Jul 2, 2010.

1. firstchoicecar

firstchoicecar
    uix_expand uix_collapse

what is the best, fast and on time money transfer so far? I need some resources. Hope you can give me guys. Thanks.

2. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Are you looking for electronic payment processors or cash money transfers?
    For payment processors, there's Alertpay, MoneyBookers and Liberty Reserve.
    For cash money transfers, there's Western Union.

Paypal is the most widely used payment processor in the world and most online shops allows Paypal as their mode of payment. Using another might make you loose some potential customers.

3. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

If you use something like Western Union, you should be conscious of the fact that once you have sent the money you cannot get it back, even if the person you send it to does not deliver on their side of the deal or turns out not to be who they said they are.

4. JuicyCafe

JuicyCafe
    uix_expand uix_collapse

This is one of the biggest problem when you use WU for sending money to someone you don't know. I have been scammed a couple of months ago. Did some research and I find out that the guy on the name doesn't even exist.

5. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

How did you know that he didn't exist?

6. Sahil

Sahil
    uix_expand uix_collapse

He did some research. :)

7. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I'm thinking is, where he did the search?

8. JuicyCafe

JuicyCafe
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Like Sahil said, I did some research.

I went to WU at that time, asking what ID did the scammer used, since he was new to WU as he said and as for the WU procedures to get the money, they usually scan the ID and personal information like address etc. to claim the money. What I did is I asked WU what ID did the scammer use to claim the money, they said it was a barangay ID that match where the money I sent it to. So what I did is I filed a complaint to local police in my area and they said they will just forward my case to the city where the scammer lived. After 2 weeks of waiting, they told me that the guy doesn't exist because they went there and I was told that the barangay ID he use is a fake and all they have is a photo of him. So that's my story.

9. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Oh I see. Thanks for that info. So from what I can see from your story, you are from the Philippines?
    I don't think a barangay ID is a valid ID and I think Western Union should have a better rule against valid IDs.

10. firstchoicecar

firstchoicecar
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Is that for real? Oh man if that so, i almost a victim of scam. I was applied for a job in UK. They ask me to deposit a 950GP in western union. They told me that it is just a show money proving that i have my personal money to travel. They ask me to deposit that amount then after 24hrs i can refund the money back. Luckily i never deposit any amount because i never have that big amount :D, but if i do that means that i can never refund or get back the amount? Oh my.. I'm still lucky tho.

I am agree with GekiDan, i have friends and cousin in Philippines and i used to send money through WU. I just ask them how they get the money that i sent. according to them they providing a valid ID such as Voters ID or their social security ID or much better a valid passport. they never recognized barangay ID according to my cousins.

11. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

That really does sound like a scam and thankfully you didn't send them the money, as I don't believe you would have ever seen it again. I don't believe that any legitimate employer would ask you to send them money like that. Employers are supposed to pay you, not the other way round.

12. MichaelSullivan

MichaelSullivan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have only used Paypal and though I know that some methods are of existence, I am a bit frightened. I fear to lose my hard earned money. Actually, I know of some people who use Western Union and have also tried bank to bank transactions. They told me their pros and cons, for WU: money transfer is done real time but does not have a stricter rules on claiming while bank to bank though more efficient might require you more hours or days of obtaining the money.

13. firstchoicecar

firstchoicecar
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes I am agree with you. that is why i'm having a second thought during that time. Why there such people like that? For all we know the reason why we apply is to have work and earn livings for the family, but how and why there such a people like that? instead of helping others they will become a source of problem to those people whos victimized by them. Sad to know that there are people like that.

14. WebWizard

WebWizard
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The WU, just simply know who your doing business with :)

Im pretty fond of BANK deposits. Setup accounts where your clients bank :) Easy, Fast, & free :)

15. Scottypops

Scottypops
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I really like Alertpay.com as an alternative. There aren't any fees.

16. firstchoicecar

firstchoicecar
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I never heard of that before. Thanks for giving me an idea i will going to do a reseach with regards to that. Thanks again.

17. PaulPinnacle

PaulPinnacle
    uix_expand uix_collapse

At the very minimum you'll be paying withdrawal fees. If used for commercial purposes, further fees on top. So I'm not sure I'd say "there aren't any fees".

18. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You are right. Withdrawal fees on Alertpay is far much expensive or higher than Paypal.
    Here in my country, Philippines, as far as I know, bank transfer costs over $20.

19. Rasha

Rasha
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I can tell you about this
    www.moneybookers.com
    we don't have paypal in my country, so i spent lots and lots of time looking, I found moneybookers. They are very good and they take very low fees for the transfers.
    I tried them and I'm working with them.

20. Casey

Casey
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am also more of a Paypal fan. But I also know there are such services like Alerpay and 2checkout