As a webmaster, what is your best piece of advice?

Discussion in 'Website Development & Design' started by AlexTuesday, Sep 7, 2015.

1. AlexTuesday

AlexTuesday
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I've been making websites for years, almost a decade now. Over the years, I've realized that a lot of webmasters have their own collection of habits, knowledge and favourites that they've gained over building websites.

As a webmaster, what is your personal best advice you'd share with your peers or those just starting out?

2. MacDID

MacDID
    uix_expand uix_collapse

For newbies, I would recommend to start gathering all possible info about the host you are planning to deal with:
    - google search on the name of the host (I mean domain),
    - read customer hosting reviews,
    - contact customer support and see if they are professional.
    I can recommend you to do comparison research: looking at the price and features, network uptime, check speed connectivity via speed test tool.
    Take a look at these web hosts: Hostingsource.com, Dreamhost.com and A2hosting.com
    For me Uptime and Speed, Support and Price are very important factors when choosing a right web host. Would also prefer a cpanel host.

3. Maestro_2015

Maestro_2015
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Get as much information as possible. If you are unsure of how to do something search how to's and it will help you. the more you do the more you will know. But if you build a website one time you may not remember everything I suggest you keep your skills up keep practicing and build small pages.