Article Submission to Directories

Discussion in 'Content Marketing' started by TheGrandAdmiral, Sep 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheGrandAdmiral

TheGrandAdmiral
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Is it necessary to submit articles to directories if you want to make money and get more traffic for your blog?

2. webdesignphx

webdesignphx
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am interested in knowing this as well, that is the one area of SEO I hate doing! haha

3. boysingh

boysingh
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hmmm, let's consider that as an optional strategy, but if you really have enough time to do it and you also want to earn more, then you may do it freely, BUT just submit on legit websites because submitting on unnecessary submission sites can bring bad effect to your website.

4. AJKpeter

AJKpeter
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think that you need to work from the both sides. Your articles must be interesting to read and your articles need to have keywords. In any case I have heard that using to many keywords in the article is not a good idea.

5. Glitterz

Glitterz
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Choose your article directories carefully. Only some of them have any form of benefits. Certainly few if any now offer SEO benefits. You would be wiser to choose directories that are within your respective niche and post into those as you will then get residual traffic.

6. TheGrandAdmiral

TheGrandAdmiral
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have been doing some research on this topic, and I think that it may be better to do guest posts on other blogs or contributor blogs in one's niche.

7. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Both boysingh and Glitterz have made good points. There are a lot of article directories out there that exist almost solely for spam, and would do very little for SEO, if you wanted your blog(s) to be highly ranked. Even guest posts for SEO are now frowned upon. You would want to know how many people actually search for blogs in your niche, and what keywords they use, before going that route. One thing you might want to consider is articles on networking sites, either based on articles in your blog, or share the actual article from the blog.By joining groups(if available) on these sites, you'll know you're reaching out to people interested in the subject.
    I did notice one thing, if you are talking about the blogs in your signature. The names of the blogs are variations of your username here on BAF. Your blog title should reflect the subject of the blog. It's not about you, it's about what your audience is interested in.

8. 6CIMA

6CIMA
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Banned

Alternatively, you could do a Press Release - just a suggestion. I did it and it was very successful.

9. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

A press release would be appropriate if you have something newsworthy to write about, but an article can cover a wide variety of subjects. If an article is syndicated by a reputable firm, it can be just as valuable as a press release, if not more. Articles can also be shared in ways press releases cannot, and are of interest to a wider audience.

10. seodubay

seodubay
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes article is a great promotion way you can use affiliate link or your own site link within article body or author upto you

11. Istimah

Istimah
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Article submission is good as long as you submit your article to high pr sites, otherwise it's a waste of time and it might harm your sites' ranking.
    But honestly I feel the best place to put your article is your site's blog. You can put it on your blog and let others know what you got in your blog. Thus if your article is interesting then most likely people will link to it and you'll get more visitors.

12. nadablue

nadablue
    uix_expand uix_collapse

According to me article submission and Blog Posting is the good way of increase your blog traffic. you can submit your high quality content related website post and high page rank submission. you can submit the quality content and unique content for best ranking.

13. carldweb

carldweb
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Article Submission we are doing to for content marketing & purpose of article submission is to spread you content with more & more viewers. So that to complete the purpose you can do those links to more submission sites, one of those activity is directory submission. SO that I don't think this is any activity to spread your content, in fact you will get good back link & it helps to increase your viewers.

14. alexfernandes

alexfernandes
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Besides submitting articles to directories, I would recommend you to opt for PPC as well as Social Media Ads for getting instant traffic to your blog.

15. Tonylest75

Tonylest75
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you submitted article in article directories, you don't need to much effort to index because you get a link from well established website and Google crawled them very frequently than a personal blog. But definitely, posting on your own blog you can make money.

16. Hirenpatel

Hirenpatel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

No it is not necessary to submit article to article directory. It is not beneficial for you. You can try guest posting on some quality blogs that will help your website to increase authority and traffic both.

17. abhi_garg

abhi_garg
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Many in your list are NOT free. iSnare and Amazines are not, and I have not checked others that I believe may alos charge for article submission credits.

18. Christopherdave

Christopherdave
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Article submission is the on the best way to getting the backlinks for your website.Article content must be quality and unique.It is the way to generate the traffic.

19. vipul

vipul
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Article submission is easy thing but creating article is hard thing because you need something unique information that can create interest in reader's mind otherwise the website moderator read your article and if he finds less interesting thing in your article or copied from other article than he will not approve your article

20. brainmoore

brainmoore
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Submitting articles to articles directories..do sound like an old SEO strategy now. But i must say it can be beneficial for any business if done in a correct and restricted way. We do not have to use rich anchor texts..avoid duplicate content, posting same content on various portals.. Use some very few quality sites only for submission... It can help if done right and if not then it can even harm badly..

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.