Article copyrighting

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by sheepishwolf, Apr 2, 2013.

1. sheepishwolf

sheepishwolf
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello everyone,

Lately I've been looking into writing articles. I'd like to be informed before beginning anything, so I have a few questions on the matter that I hope some of you will be able to answer for me.

Firstly, when selling articles what sort of copyrights can you grant the buyer while making sure that they can't redistribute the article? Are there any definite methods of ensuring that they cannot break the terms that you set for them when selling the article? Also, can someone explain more about copyrighting articles.

I plan on writing all of the articles myself, but on other places around the internet I've heard about some articles being Copyscape-proof or "completely" original, compared to other articles that are still unique to you, but are not "completely" original and copyscape-proof. Could someone explain more about this to me? It sounds like you have to search for your article online, and if there are any word matches then it is not copyscape proof or completely original, but I don't completely grasp this concept.

Thank you for your help on this.

2. Ted

Ted
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Why would you want to put any limitations at all on a buyer when they are buying your article? I have never heard of such a thing. Normally, if you are selling your articles to someone else, then that person gets full rights to do whatever they want with that article. What limitations would you want to place on the buyer and why?

When people buy articles, they usually want the articles to be 100% unique (written from scratch in other words). That is what they mean when they say that the need to be completely original. They mean that the articles are brand new to the internet and have never been published online before.

Some article writers use spinners to make an article somewhat unique but not 100% unique. Then they might say that the article will pass copyscape even though it is not all original. What they are saying in that case is that an article is unique enough that the Copyscape service cannot detect that it is really a spun (or partially copied) article.

In general, article buyers want higher quality articles that are written by you personally. They do not want low quality stuff. That is what all of this pertains to.

3. Rocky

Rocky
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I understand where you are coming from. But you need to know that when you sell the article to someone the buyer now has all the rights to it and he can use the article the way he wants. So you should not bother about it.

When you say the article is unique to the buyer you need to a way to prove it and copyscape helps check plagiarism and if you pass it means your article is probably original, although not always.