Arsenal, Liverpool and cost overhead

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by patrick0001, Aug 29, 2011.

1. patrick0001

patrick0001
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Today sport breaking news, Manchester United 8 Arsenal 2. http://www.premierleague.com/page/MatchReports/0,,12306~57956,00.html

Cost overhead is main killer for any type of business. Do you think Arsenal have cost overhead problem? Why they sell out those good player?

How about Liverpool, do you think they will sell out their club to others?

2. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

All the club is still trying their best in making the maximum profit.
    And they wish to win the title with minimum spend

Arsenal is going to out from the top four this year after sell their good player
    8-2 defeated is the worst result

3. JPM

JPM
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Arsenal have a solid player policy and they don't spend what other big clubs do. Thus is down to Wengers policy of developing young players rather than buying big. However it may lose him his job this year I think.

Their bank account, on the other hand is very healthy and fifas financial fair play rules should not be a problem for them.

4. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Personally I don't think Wenger will lose his job although arsenal out of the top 4 this year
    Wenger is still one of the best

5. JPM

JPM
    uix_expand uix_collapse

He is one of the best, but I think the club will grow impatient this year

6. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Arsenal not the club like Chelsea, when the boss are spending billions dollar, they are looking to get the result immediately. However, the boss cant expect too much since they are not spending but gaining money. If Wenger get fired, i doubt anyone can do better than him in Arsenal, and i think the result will become worse and worse without Wenger

7. Winflo Finan

Winflo Finan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Wenger could be spending money though surely? I wonder how much money Arsenal actually has.

8. JPM

JPM
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It is Wenger who decides whether the money is spent it not though.

9. Winflo Finan

Winflo Finan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I've seen their board come out and say he can spend, if he wants to. But that's in the papers, so you don't know it's true. They will never compete unless they do though, all the big clubs spend, even Spurs.

10. JPM

JPM
    uix_expand uix_collapse

As far as I can work out that is true, he does spend it when he NEEDS to. Like Nasri...

11. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Not that simple. If your boss give you money to spend, sure you will spend it. Do you think Wenger rather to get those worse result than spending money? And when the boss say that he is giving out money but the fact is he doesn't, you can't tell people that your boss doesnt actually give you the money, then you will safe with your job

12. JPM

JPM
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes I do to be honest, I think he would much rather have a bad season and develop youngsters for the future, than have a great season and spend cash.

13. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Develop youngsters is good f9or the future but unfortunately once the youngster become one of the best player, the club sell them out after those rich club give big offer. Anyway, finally arsenal spend some money on Mertesacker which is one of the best defender. And also another defender - Andre Santos.
    And Winder is working hard to get few midfield as well

14. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I'm not a soccer fan but one thing that annoys me about soccer is that most of the players from a so called local team come from outside of the local area. I'd be much more interested in supporting a local soccer team, if its players were home grown talent interested in playing for their home town, rather than just travelling to wherever they can get paid the most.

15. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

sport is no more pure sport but money involved. As you can see most of the England team is owned by foreigner and the percentage of the local player on each team is very low. If you want to watch the game by local team, you can only watch the high school competition or teens game

16. patrick0001

patrick0001
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Every sport is involve money, because the cost overhead is too high, it need facility, trainer and other miscellaneous cost, . When a club require money, the major way the can go is look for sponsorship. End up those sponsorship influence game result.

When a club taking too much money from third party, the club itself basically cant make decision their own. Each time they make decision, they need refer hidden boss.