Arriving at a Vision Statement

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by visionquest, Jun 28, 2012.

1. visionquest

visionquest
    uix_expand uix_collapse

All,

I am a young engineering professional working for a budding engineering firm in the power industry. Currently we do not have a vision statement for the company and I, along with the president and an engineering manager, have been tasked with determining what that vision statement should be. Each of us has produced one and of course I am biased towards my own but not having a business background, I thought I would post the three vision statements and let everyone vote or provide their two cents. Without further adieu,

#1:

“To provide unparalleled customer satisfaction by maintaining value driven, dynamic and passionate employees, and become synonymous with providing exceptional engineering services exclusively to the nuclear power industry.”

#2:

"XXX has a mission to provide superior customer service to our clients. We envision this happening through an exceptional quality deliverables that results in a life time relationship with every valued client.

XXX will work tirelessly to become “vested partners” in the systems and processes that make our clients successful, competitive and comfortable within their markets.
    We will assist our clients in meeting and exceeding their full potential; helping them to make positive changes in areas they have identified as important. We strive to ensure our services are a cost effective alternative.

We pledge to keep it simple, informative and useful throughout our joint business life. We help make the process less stressful and more productive with well trained experts, the highest ethical standards, superior resources, industry expertise and energy.

At XXX we take great pride in our commitment to provide personal and professional services in a responsive, high-quality manner. There is no doubt our services are a direct reflection of our individual capabilities, personalities, and experiences. Consequently, we strive to build client/consultant relationships that are mutually rewarding.

We believe successful consulting is achieved through a balance of significant experience, a working knowledge of today's best practices, and access to cutting edge technology. We are proud of the quality of services and our responsiveness to client needs with respect to schedule and budget."

#3:

"Our vision is to be a recognized leader in the electric power services arena within the next decade. Our approach of striving towards the vision is by earning trust through predictable and responsive execution of our work. We will measure success through strong leadership and engaged competent staff with the singular focus of exceeding client expectations on a sustained basis."