Are you using PLR content?

Discussion in 'Website Development & Design' started by nichewitch, Jun 1, 2009.

1. nichewitch

nichewitch
    uix_expand uix_collapse

For those who don't recognize the term, PLR stands for private label rights. What this means when referring to content is that you are able to edit the articles/ebook, change it around and put your name as author. It can be a huge timesaver when you use it because all of your research has been done.

You must change the content a good bit to make it more unique if you are going to use it on your website. Otherwise, you risk your site ending up in the supplemental index for that content because the original site will carry the benefits. It's pretty easy to rewrite the article, though, and adding your own images and content to it really helps.

There are so many things you can do with PLR content that it's amazing. You can combine several articles, rewrite to make them unique and smooth flowing and create a report that you can give to subscribers to build a list. You can take several articles on the same topic and create an autoresponder series for the list you are building. Use PLR articles to build Squidoo lenses that send traffic to your money site.

Those are just a few ways to use these versatile materials. Let's discuss more ways to use PLR and ways to make them unique to your site.

2. Nazreen

Nazreen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

This is my first time hearing about PLR Nichewitch. Thanks for sharing this with us.

I do think that this is what most bloggers and writers do when researching on what to write. But in my opinion, it would be good to use your own words when you write your article. Just combining them and changing a few of the words and sentences still feels like copying or piracy to me. It would also be good if we also add our own opinions when writing the post/article.

3. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Thanks for sharing that with us Nichewitch. Are there any well recognized sources of PLR content or is it simply a matter of searching for it on Google?

4. muqtada123

muqtada123
    uix_expand uix_collapse

there is a website which can tell you about the copy paste content on providing it a few lines, but i forgot the name right now, it starts from copyescape i think, just google it with this keyword you will get the right URL

5. Nazreen

Nazreen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The website is Copyscape Muqtada123. Yes this is quite useful in finding out if any of your articles are being copied by other websites. I've also used this a couple of times in the past.