Are you suffering from mental exhaustion?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by NateAnglin, Sep 24, 2013.

1. NateAnglin

NateAnglin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Everyone of us makes abundant choices that complicates our life; from the simple what to eat to what clothes to wear. Or the more complicated, who to hire or how to present yourself to an investor. When we make a lot of choices our mental capacity becomes exhausted that leads to a poor decision making. Have you experienced this kind of situation? How do you handle it?

2. AnushaJain

AnushaJain
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes it often happens that there are many things crawling in our mind, many things to do but nothing can be done. To overcome such type of situations, I just relax for some time and set my priority. It means that what i have to do first, then I move according to my priority level and all the things are managed well...

3. TimeRider

TimeRider
    uix_expand uix_collapse

When I have mental exhaustion, I don't make a decision at all because I know the decision may not be right. I take time to rest and make the decision.

4. NateAnglin

NateAnglin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I agree.

I just wrote an article on the affects fatigue has on our decision making. Such an important topic. Here is an excerpt that may help:

"-Use a To-Do list for common routines. There’s nothing worse than having a list of things to do and forgetting bits and pieces. You try to remember but can’t. Get the list out of your head and into your task management software. You’ll spend less mental energy on little things.

-Plan your day. Then night before plan what your day is going to look like the next day. Review your plan in the morning and try to stick to it.

-Set time limits. If you find yourself taking a long time to make simple decision give yourself a limit. Start with 5 minutes to think it through and decide. If 5 minutes gives you too much time cut it down so you’re not wallowing."

5. lynxus

lynxus
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yep. My brain feels like mush sometimes. I simply cannot function.. taken some time off recently but its never far away...

Cannot switch off. Thats my problem

6. J Greig

J Greig
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I think this happens to quite a lot of us on a daily basis. Any small choice as you mentioned can impact on how our brain works and it's these small choices that can build up so there is many a day. The tougher choices are gladly far and few between for me, so I don't regularly have to exceed my expectations. Nobody should stress their brain too much however. Take your time with choices as making quick choices can impact on what the rest of the day brings.