Are you good at On-page SEO? If are, could you answer these questions?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by FIBC, Oct 6, 2014.

1. FIBC

FIBC
    uix_expand uix_collapse

www.wovensacksbags.com, is high keywords density in meta keywords and descriptions,obviously not obey the standard rule, so I don't think this is a white hat SEO tip, however,this site is ranked on 2 position of 1st page of Google by these two keywords: PP Woven Sacks, PP Woven Bags.

Could anyone explain this?

My website: www.bulksacks.com, part of products are the same as the above one, could you give my some valuable advice for the meta keywords and descriptions? My target keywords:
    bulk bags, super sack, PP woven bags, woven polypropylene fabric in rolls, weed control fabric, ground cover fabric, mesh bags, raschel bags, leno bags.

Thanks.

2. glennmartin

glennmartin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I check your site keyword is under 200, so you do more works as quality work to rank your site at the top of search results you wants advice then i suggest you that target first 3 face keyword where competition is low, easily move up at top like weed control fabric, ground cover fabric, also you take this woven polypropylene fabric in rolls keywords in your meta. Also you target 2 face keywords that is bulk bags, super sack, PP woven bags also do semantic work just you heard about latest update of synonyms words used for targeting keywords.

3. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

I checked the rankings, and noticed that one of the pages for wovensacksbags.com is ranked #4 for "pp woven sacks" and #3 for "pp woven bags". I mentioned "one of the pages" because the rankings are for an internal page, NOT the homepage. This is significant, as the page that is ranking is more relevant to the search. The Title tag reads "PP Woven Bag Sacks, Polypropylene Woven Bag, PP Woven Sacks Manufacturers in India". Here he uses only three keywords, and probably didn't have to use both "PP Woven Bag Sacks" and PP Woven Sacks". The Description meta tag for this page says "Pranavi Polymers Pvt. Ltd. - Manufacturers & exporters of PP Woven Bag Sacks, Polypropylene Woven Bag, Polypropylene Woven Bag Sacks, PP Woven Sacks, Woven polypropylene bags, woven PP bags, Bags with Liner, PP woven bags / sacks." You are correct - this is way too long. Taking a look at a similar page on your site, the Title reads "PP woven bag - PP woven bag - Topure Paksak Co.,Limited". You repeated the same keyword twice, which is unnecessary, and do not have any description at all.
    It should be noted that Google no longer uses the Title tag or Description meta tag for ranking purposes, but can use the Title tag as the title of a listing, and the Description meta tag as the short paragraph below the title, depending on the relevance to the search. In the case of wovensacksbags.com, the Title tag was not used as a title for the lsting because most of it is not relevant to the search, even though the page is. The short paragraph under the title in the listing uses only the portion of the description that is relevant to the search, and ignores the rest. You can still use the Title tag(which, by the way, is not a meta tag), which will help searchers determine if you have what they are looking for. If you do not provide a Description meta tag, Google will find the most relevant content on the page and use that as a description of your listing. Here is where you don't give Google anything to work with. You use "PP woven bags" five times in your content, and "PP woven bag" once, but don't use it at all to mention that you sell them, and basically only slightly make reference to your company as a manufacturer of these types of bags. There is an expression in English - "if you blink, you'll miss it". You don't want Google to miss it.
    You mentioned several different products you manufacture. I said at the beginning that wovensacksbags.com ranks for the phrases you mentioned in an internal page. Keep that in mind. Don't try to rank your homepage for every phrase. Find a page that is relevant to each phrase, and work on getting the proper page ranked for the corresponding keyword. If you don't include a Description meta tag, make sure you have content on the page that Google can use to make one.

• Like Like x 1
  4. FIBC

FIBC
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi Joseph,

Thanks a lot! You just said" It should be noted that Google no longer uses the Title tag or Description meta tag for ranking purposes", this means my website doesn't need any description at all, but, you also said " If you do not provide a Description meta tag, Google will find the most relevant content on the page and use that as a description of your listing. ", so I should definitely mention my products name, our business in the content, for more relevant.

Is this right?

5. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

To give you an idea of what you should do, I took a look at the source code for the home page ans an interior page for wovensacks.net, which is ranked #1 for their home page, and #2 for the interior page. For their home page, their Description meta tag doesn't mention "PP woven sacks", but their first paragraph of content says "P.V.N Group an ISO 9001:2008 certified organization is an India based leading manufacturer of PP / HDPE woven sacks/ fabrics. The company is located at a". You'll notice this does mention "PP"and "woven sacks", so it was used as the description for the listing for this keyword.
    For the interior page "wovensacks.net/poloypropolene-bags.html", the description reads, "Woven polypropylene bags - Offers various types of bags and sacks such as woven pp sacks, polypropylene woven sacks, woven polypropylene sack" along with a few other products, but they are not relevant to this particular keyword, so Google drops them.
    In the homepage the webmaster included a description meta tag, but it was not relevant to the search. In the other, only a portion of the description was relevant, so Google used only the relevant portion. So, whether you include the Description or not, the relevance to the search is what matters.
    In your case, you already have a Description meta tag for your home page, so just edit down a little, start with "Manufacturer of" and add a a few of your major product categories. I don't see FIBC mentioned anywhere on the page, nor is there a reason why it should be. It's not relevant, so remove it.
    For the interior page for "PP woven bags", you have no Description meta tag, and no one who visits your site needs to know the history of PP woven bags, so take that out. Start your first paragraph with what PP woven bags are used for, then go into the method of manufacture. For example, you can start with "The PP woven bag, also called a PP bag, is an ideal packing solution for powder products, is convenient for transportation, and is normally manufactured in a variety of sizes, styles and colors according to customer's needs." follow that with "To make pp woven bags, made from polypropylene resin, tubular PP woven fabric is weaved, cut and sewn into bags, printed if desired, then finished." Other product pages can be edited in a similar way.
    If you cannot do all the editing yourself, you can hire a professional SEO firm, and they can do the work for you. They will also explain what they have done and why before actually making changes to your website.

• Like Like x 1
  6. carldweb

carldweb
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hey FIBC,
    Only content is not the factor for ranking, but also there are many factors for ranking like relevant title, description, quality & strong back links from high PR sites. I saw your site & it doesn't looks like it has good back links & quality & relevant content. www.wovensacksbags.com have high density but this is one of the points for bad & its good points are high so that he is on top.

7. colnettella

colnettella
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hey FIBC, I agree with cardweb content is not only the factor for ranking, make use of relevant and unique content which the users are always willing to read and also take share your content on quality sites which will offer you backlinks.