Are you aware of other Internet marketing strategies?

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by ChrisLeads, Jun 11, 2012.

1. ChrisLeads

ChrisLeads
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Are you aware of other Internet marketing strategies (other than SEO) such as SEM / Pay-Per-Click / Email & Newsletter Marketing / Affiliate Marketing etc.? How can they help generating traffic?
    Can you give me further explanation?

Thanks

2. Owen

Owen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes. If you do it in right way, all will generate traffic. For ex: Look at the top right corner. I can see Izzonet Banner ad in this forum. Even our BAF got more traffic, but wrong target for ecommerce platform.... They should have placed the banners in Magento / Ecommerce Forum, so that they will get more traffic.

Oops. Fergal, Hope you know what I meant... I'm just talking about wrong target. :D

3. sayitproud

sayitproud
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Pay-Per-Click - You put ads within search results or on other websites linked to your keyword and each time someone clicks to your site from the ad, you pay for that.

Email & Newsletter Marketing - You build a list of people interested in your ideas and niche so that you can continue to keep in touch with them and sell to them.

Affiliate marketing - This doesn't bring you traffic. Rather it is a way to make money from the traffic you do get. You are working to bring traffic to someone else's product and getting a commission when you succeed in making a sale for them.

I think SEO is basically just how you can best do SEM. They're pretty intertwined.

• Like Like x 1
  4. elina

elina
    uix_expand uix_collapse

there are lot of ways to generate traffic for your site. use PPC, email marketing and affiliate marketing.
    there are lot of companies provides you the best service in the ppc and affiliate marketing, as i know Nichesuite is the best company provides you the best solution for your business.

Try Nichesuite.

5. cesspadilla

cesspadilla
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Search Engine Marketing is a broad term that SEO, PPC, Email Marketing etc. falls in. Well basically it gives your website possibilities to be famous, seen and improves your clickthrough rate. If you are doing PPC, Affiliate then you have the possibilities to gain faster ROI. Most of this stuff needs proper research because it involves money. If you put PPC or Affiliate links in a well known website related to yours, you can have a lot of traffic and eventually gain ROI. Email Marketing and Newsletter gives you the proper edge to inform people subscribe to your website about certain changes, etc.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Mark T

Mark T
    uix_expand uix_collapse

That's right Haley. SEM consists it all. Online marketing is becoming more and more complicated but when you simply understood the basics of marketing your products and business in the Internet - then you- yourself could actually start or create your own ideas of building your own online market strategy.

Thanks,
    Mark

7. mmd_database

mmd_database
    uix_expand uix_collapse

What particular internet marketing strategies do you have in mind? Perhaps I can help you expand on them

I work with an internet marketing/network distribution channel which implements internet marketing strategies. So I could be of help to you (potentially),

8. b2benthusiast

b2benthusiast
    uix_expand uix_collapse

PPC marketing these days can be very tricky and dangerous ground for the newbie marketer. There are many large companies out there that have the money and resources to outbid the smaller and less experienced on great keywords. That being said, there are still different strategies for PPC and different sites to advertise with that will give you traffic. It's just a matter of getting your ad in front of as many qualified eyeballs as possible.

Email and newsletter marketing are my favorite...there's so much that can be done here. The idea is that you must start building trust and likeability with your email and newsletter subscriber from day 1. Many have stated "The money is in the list...", but this is only a half-truth. The money is in the relationship with your list. If you "beat up" your list with nothing but commercial messages trying to sell them on this and that, then you may get a boost in your revenues in the beginning, but those revenues will die off quickly. It's like mining...if you do nothing but mine and mine, and then mine some more, you will eventually have nothing left to mine. Likewise, if you develop your list the right way and feed them, it's the equivalent of fertilizing a crop that is ready to be harvested in due time...and you haven't depleted the usefulness of the field after the harvest.

Affiliate marketing, depending on if you are the affiliate or are managing affiliates, is another great way to build up a customer base. If you are managing affiliates, then you are providing the product or service that is being sold and sharing in the profits with your affiliates. If you build up an army of effective and quality affiliates, you've gained a valuable asset. Treat your affiliates right and pay them on time...always! These are your independent sales team...'nuff said?

9. ScottBradley

ScottBradley
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You have a TON of options! Everything from social media, Banners, E-Mail Solo Ads.

Depending on what business you are in, will depend on what type will be best for you to use!

What business are you in?

10. printingray

printingray
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Try Social media, Video Marketing, Picture sharing.