Are these rates high?

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by GekiDan, Apr 16, 2012.

1. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Earlier today, someone asked me on how much I charge for advertisements on my blog. I told him it was $7 per month.
    He asked for a 1 year computation for 2 links so it's going to be $84 each link. That's $168 for both.
    Thinking it's a bulk order, I gave discount of $75 per link. So now, it's just $150 for both.

He told me it's too high for a site that only have PR3. I haven't replied yet his email but we agreed just to pay $100 for both. Am I having high rates for an ad or bargaining my site's ads for asking low rates?

Well, I do these rates with a combination of PR and traffic in mind.

Here's my Analytics stats.
    [​IMG]

What do you guys think?

2. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

That's no standard price. What I suggest is never accept price that you think it is too low for you, this is not fair to other buyers and lose your value. Of course before you set the price, you shall Brenchmarking with similar site or reputative site.

• Like Like x 1
  3. patrick0001

patrick0001
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Just feel that, the buyer is more interest to get link juice rather than traffic, CTR and branding. For him PR value is very important, so your offer does not suit his requirement.

• Like Like x 1
  4. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The site he wants me to advertise is a flash game site. Even though I agree with you, I can't think of a flash game site that have a high PR but doesn't have any substantial traffic.

5. patrick0001

patrick0001
    uix_expand uix_collapse

When a buyer is prejudged the important of PR, it hard to tell them the benefit of traffic, impression and CTR. When we are not offer something they wanted, even we offer low price they still wont appreciate it and hardly expected renewal.

Good clients are hard to find, but they are more loyal and willing to offer high price.

6. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

True that. I've got a few advertisers that do agree with the price considering that they got the advertisement space, and the traffic, or the sales, they expect my site could give. But finding another loyal one is really hard.

7. titleseo

titleseo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

i think you should ignore such link selling process. In recent update google penalizes many blogger for doing link selling on their blogs. you will get penalize if google crawler finds link on your website. so try to avoid such things.

8. cesspadilla

cesspadilla
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well in my opinion, if that's your price it's your price. That's how you feel that your website is worth that price then stick to it.

• Like Like x 1
  9. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I don't really sell links, rather, banner advertisements of 125x125 in size.