Are online business the way of the future?

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by pandaa, Sep 2, 2012.

1. pandaa

pandaa
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The more I think about it, the more real it seems that brick and mortar stores could possibly be a thing of the past. Everyone is SO connected to the internet now, I wonder if in 20 years or so, that could be all that's left!

What's your theory?

• Like Like x 1
  2. noreturn

noreturn
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think it may be because I just can say that almost everything is going to be on a computer or something of that sort. For example I know a few students at my school that are taking their whole high school online. I personally think that if you have a store front (just one) and an online store you will set to go. I may be wrong but I think that everything is going online now.

3. UTMediaGroup

UTMediaGroup
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I do not think that everything in the future will be internet based. A lot of it will be but there are some things that you just can not do over the internet nor would I want to.

4. rob

rob
    uix_expand uix_collapse

i mean you can reach a larger audience of people online. but you still need the brick and mortar places for physical products.

it will be a mix of both,

also depends on the price of the item. no way people are going to buy a car without seeing and driving IRL. versus some cheap book or something online

5. Jay

Jay
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well, as technology develops, businesses are always looking for new ways to implement it into their system as things aren't as they use to be. A majority of the world's population uses technology on a regular/daily basis, this puts businesses on the edge of promoting their products both online and offline. With online promotion, the viewers of the ad are limitless as if someone from another country sees the ad, they are able to check the company out aswell. This is where e-commerce comes into effect, companies are able to do business worldwide without ever having to land a physical building there.

6. Catherine

Catherine
    uix_expand uix_collapse

:rolleyes: I can not totally agree with you. indeed, the online business is more popular and develop in a quick speed, and in the past I also did not believe in the online business, i thought it is more safety to shop in real stores. but in some aspects, the fictitious network is not reliabale. but now I always go shopping online. and also if people in a different places whit a long distance, and the online business is more concenient to buy the things you want, you can also help more people.

• Like Like x 1
  7. albert george

albert george
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Most Probably it is possible that it will help in future also.But You can not totally depend on it. 5 to 10% chances here,That online business is not proper secure in future also.

8. vadodarainfoline

vadodarainfoline
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Having just finished my very first on-line lecture on the history of the . skill levels as a way to better specify competencies for future employers.

9. kimipatel

kimipatel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

At least for some business we can do on online in future.. In fact some business still going on online. at least 15 to 20 % people doing there business online.. Next generation also learn about internet or computer all that.. Mostly yes...

10. LucidWebMarketng

LucidWebMarketng
    uix_expand uix_collapse

While you will be able to buy anything you need online, most people likely won't. Actually, you can buy everything you need online today, including your food. A few reason why people won't buy all their needs online. There's always the want to look at it/touch it/feel it for many items. For others, it will be an outing, almost a social thing to go out shopping. Also, you may want/need the purchase right away and not wait a few days for the item to arrive. For example, I biked over to the store this weekend to get plant food. One purchase. I could have waited but I would not have made a $7 purchase online plus possible shipping. And I read the label on the different products, harder to do online, so I might have bought the wrong thing and not be happy with my purchase.

There will be a lot of things that will be bought only online in the very near future. I haven't gone to a video store in a few years for example and I rent/buy movies strictly online now. I suspect the corner video store will be a thing of the past very soon. It already is quite empty. Most of us buy software and music this way now. Bookstores will soon be a less common sight as well.

Electronics, furniture, appliances may be mostly bought online in the future. Some clothes as this is the type of thing you want to try on. Some people will probably buy 80% of their things online but I think that the average will be 50% or less.

• Like Like x 1
  11. remonray

remonray
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I agree on this.Yes,not online business everything,our lifestyle, shopping,working,schooling are going to be online in next 50years.
    have anybody here watched movie sagoroites or something like that?I have strong believe on that :D not totally but somehow I feel like we will be in that shot of life soon :D

12. Business Attorney

Business Attorney
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I think that more and more things will be bought primarily online but there will always be room for bricks and mortar stores. Some people still enjoy the experience of shopping - trying on new outfits, walking through the home center / hardware store, picking out fresh flowers or produce.

Speed and convenience also will dictate that some physical alternatives will have a role. You can't buy a cup of hot coffee yet.

On the other hand, in the 24th century when Star Trek-style replicators are in every home, then you really will never have to leave home (or the starship, whichever you are living on).

• Like Like x 1
  13. rajkotinfoline

rajkotinfoline
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It will persistently modify the way people lead their lives in the future years. The internet is repetitively contravention barricades day after day.

14. Marius081

Marius081
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Online businesses will be primordial, as more and more people trade and close business from different countries using online platforms.
    In my perspective, online business implies selling and buying digital and physical stuff.

The big challenge to the world non-english speakers is to start learning English, otherwise they might limit their own online business to local online market.

15. Choice Checks

Choice Checks
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It does look like that online business are doing alot better. Its amazing that alot of the major retail stores are in trouble financially and closing down. We have lost Circuity City, Sears is in trouble along with Best Buy. It looks like things are shifting to online buying, but they are tying to tax the online sales. So soon, it may be a online sale, shipping fee, and tax. I have had Choice Checks for over 6 years and going strong. We sell bulk blank checks, imprinted checks, tax forms and more. Having something that is targeted for other business is the best way to go. That way you can get more repeat customers and just remember that customer service is always #1 and important.

• Like Like x 1
  16. MarkTaylor

MarkTaylor
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Good question, Panda... I guess for many items the tactile experience of shopping is still important. That's why a lot of firms have an integrated 'bricks and clicks' model that balances the need for hands on shopping with the low cost internet-based approach. Some retail models seem doomed though - especially, those whose product is generic. In 2006, I did an MBA project on HMV exploring how they could compete in the age of digital downloads, online shopping, cheap DVDs / CDs / etc at supermarkets... I couldn't find a basis for them to compete. I remember texting a colleague when the share prices fell to £1.20. Today it's around 5p - they just seem doomed! However, I can't imagine many people buying clothes online, for example, and am sure it will always be a social as well as economic experience - although, it's not how I like to spend my time! Best wishes, M.

• Like Like x 1
  17. manojagadi

manojagadi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes, The Online Business definitely will have the bright future.

18. even

even
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I agree with Choice Checks, go with what he said.