Are investors good for an online buisness????

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by ninoversage, Apr 24, 2012.

1. ninoversage

ninoversage
    uix_expand uix_collapse

my friend and I just started this online shopping website, we have put everything in place build the website and everything but we but we do not have enough resources to go live.is okk to look for investors??

2. cesspadilla

cesspadilla
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Can you explain to us more on what you meant by "not enough resources"? Does your website have enough products to sell to the public and how is your payment system doing?

• Like Like x 2
  3. ninoversage

ninoversage
    uix_expand uix_collapse

thanks for the reply, the business is an open online shopping site where any one could sell their items, we have a direct buy option where u can buy directly from the stores but we do not have products in the store to sell to the public and we do use Paypal as our means of payment.i was thinking we could contact designers shops and have them sell on our site while we get a percentage of their every sales or we could look for investors so that we can have the means to buy products and resell them to the public.please advice me on what we need to do..

4. firstchoicecar

firstchoicecar
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I guess it is really good if you have or look investors in this, that is the best way if you don't have resources.

• Like Like x 1
  5. patrick0001

patrick0001
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Perhaps you targeting a niche market, else you going to compete with Google product, Amazon and eBay.

Do you have any designers contact? May I know what is the actual item you going sell?

If you are targeted design relate market, you can refer to http://www.minted.com/design-vote or http://www.designcontest.com/ as business model.

• Like Like x 1
  6. ninoversage

ninoversage
    uix_expand uix_collapse

thanks guys, Patrick0001 we have built and designed the website already and its running but not life yet all we need now are investors who can take the business just like u said we will be in competition with eBay,amazon and Google product to another level,so how do we get this investors and is it okk for them to have a percentage of our business??

7. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It is something like B2B platform. You really need to invite seller, seller with quality product and cheap price will help you to gain more buyer but bad seller may destroy your site.

• Like Like x 1
  8. ninoversage

ninoversage
    uix_expand uix_collapse

where can we find a good seller??

9. ThirdSEO

ThirdSEO
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I'm going to be honest and straightforward. Based on the information you've provided so far in this thread, I don't think the odds of you finding any interested investors at this point are very good.

1. You haven't clearly explained what differentiates your service from the services that currently exist (and those services currently have far money than you do).

2. You don't have any sales.

3. You're a new company in a market that's already very competitive.

4. The cost to create a website that is capable of doing what you're trying to do is extremely low. Like, less than $100 to go completely live, especially if you're using PayPal as your primary method of accepting payments.

You're in a market (the online market) where companies literally undercut each other $0.01 to gain an advantage. I think you really need to take a step back and think about what you can offer that is unique and maybe even patentable. You need something proprietary, something of value, to attract investors. Work on adding value to your business. Right now you have no sales, no buyers, no sellers, no live website and it seems like no solid sense of focus or direction for your company. If you want investors, you're going to have to change at least some of these things or your chance of succeeding is going to remain very low.

Hope this helps ninoversage

• Like Like x 1
  10. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you did purchase goods online, you can talk or email to the seller that sell you quality goods. Or you can view another similar site to find the seller with good review, email or talk to them about your offer

11. Perfection Host

Perfection Host
    uix_expand uix_collapse

In my opinion, it's something you should have worked out before you started it. It could have saved you a lot of waiting time and got your business out there faster than it will be at this rate.

Have you got an update with this? Hopefully you find someone and it'll get off the ground quick :)

12. Navida

Navida
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi, you can find a number of sellers from dailytrader.com. This is a big platform for online buyers and sellers. You can free register yourself there and can take advantage from this legit site.

13. Mark T

Mark T
    uix_expand uix_collapse

ThirdSEO already explained it. I think it that way. So what do you need to do? I guess it is not about looking for investors right away but building your product on your chosen niche first and in your chosen market at a medium competitive level that you can compete with.

• Like Like x 1