Are BLOGS still thought to be an attractive internet earners ?

Discussion in 'Website Development & Design' started by JayonNet, Apr 15, 2008.

1. JayonNet

JayonNet
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I was just thinking of starting a blog with "breakthrough in technology" niche.

For a moment it just came to my mind if blogs in itself were hot internet earners? And if they are, how long will it be? Do you think they will remain for a very long time as an attractive source of internet earning.

Just advice. What else are evergreen online earning source in your opinion.

2. digitalconfusion

digitalconfusion
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well, in my own opinion I would say "Blogs" alone aren't that attractive. Some are boring, and have no reason to check out and comment/digg etc. I mean I honestly don't care for blogs. :p I like posting on websites and etc, such as webmaster sites, gaming sites, and etc. If you make a blog in my opinion I would say it would last about one - two months or so, and it might even last up to a year or longer. ;D It depends on how you introduce your guests and what you have for your guests. I would say making a "Forums" or even a site would be a good internet earnings. Usually almost any website or forums gets populated as long as it's interesting and has all sorts of things that would be interesting. I hope I helped you. Thank you.

3. wormy

wormy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I don't think you can generalize like that. It matters firstly which niche your blog is in and of course it also matters how much traffic you can get to that blog. The niche matters because of course you need to be able to monetize the blog somehow and the traffic matters because you need high volume for a bigger turnover.

4. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Blogs are still good business and there are many successful ones out there. More and more blogs are incorporating video into their blogs, whereby the author is delivering his/her posts by video. If your blog is going to be about the latest technology you might want to consider that.

If your blog is well managed and contains top quality regularly updated content you will get good traffic to it. Your proposed niche is one that attracts a lot of advertisers, so if you set-up and manage your blog well you should be able to earn good revenue from it.

Did you have any specific questions that you wanted help with?

Good luck with it.

5. avi007i

avi007i
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Blogger is good for beginners.
    But it does not allow much customization .
    for example , if I want to put my adsense code in the middle of the blog, blogger doesn't show the ads at all. Its like I add some content , and then I put the adsense code and then put some more content after the adsense code, so that adsense is sandwiched between the contents and then when I see the preview of my blog, the ads don't show at all !!