Apps that destroys your smartphone battery too fast

Discussion in 'Apps & Software' started by kristenhanna, Feb 27, 2013.

1. kristenhanna

kristenhanna
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Does anyone knows which apps destroys your smartphone battery too fast? Can anyone share your suggestions and experience?

2. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Games tend to drain batteries fast on any mobile devices. And of course, excessive gaming can reduce battery life.

3. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I try to keep GPS, Wifi and Mobile Data turned off as much as possible, in order to preserve battery life. Most apps will use some battery power and I would imagine gaming apps with their intense graphics and sound would be particularly hard on your mobile's batter, as GekiDan has said.

4. sadiyakhan

sadiyakhan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There are many factors which use energy of your battery and these are:
    Vibrations,
    High brightness
    GPS
    Bluetooth, Wi- Fi, 3G/4G
    Notifications
    Thus battery consumed by the above factors. I also want to know much app effects on the battery.

5. SmartDiva

SmartDiva
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Wow.... I was not aware that vibrations use energy.... Its time to save energy.:cool:

6. Rocky

Rocky
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you use an android phone then you can check the battery usage in your settings menu and see what is consuming more battery. The most is consumed by your display so you can reduce the brightness when you are not using your phone much. Other than that if there is any game which you constantly play then that could be reason. If you use 3g then you should turn off the data when not required as 3g uses more battery.

7. yarri

yarri
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think video games eat most of battery time. If you want longer battery time then try to avoid playing games. Videos also use more battery.

8. Mike Levin

Mike Levin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

In order to increase battery life, better lower screen brightness, close and stop (or even delete) unneeded applications, try not to play games so much.
    In this case, even simple Samsung phone will be able to work for 1-2 days without recharge

9. icetomeetyou

icetomeetyou
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I like to use the AVG app to save some battery life. Also good to check the RAM of your phone and see what is using up the most.

10. markb

markb
    uix_expand uix_collapse

keeping mobile data and GPS on continuously drains my mobile battery.Also I do not dim the screen, even that could be reason for battery loss.

11. dbs00

dbs00
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There are apps with tasks automation that (ex automator) that can control specific apps according to your settings.
    My tablet used to last 1-2 days ( even if I didn't touch it). I set the app to disable data and wi-fi while the screen is off.
    I'm not getting any notifications while the screen is off but its not using any power. I think I can leave it a month like this.
    Can't use the same trick on my phone unfortunately but there are others...
    to disable them between 12 am-06 am . to enable disable stuff at specific hours, or gps coordinates.. use your imagination and you will make some nice things with it

12. Sadiq Yousef

Sadiq Yousef
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I don't use many apps. I mostly use business related apps for project management. It doesn't consume much battery. I think my phone's battery mostly drains because of using Skype.

13. VPSnet

VPSnet
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well let me say Waze uses Alot of battery, if i combine if any social network app, it just drains my battery almost instantly

14. tk-hassan

tk-hassan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think Wifi & excessive use of games can reduce the battery life. There are also some other factors like GPS & Brightness that can drain battery very quickly.

15. DanLucks

DanLucks
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I've definitely found that using maps instantly drains my battery, as does sharing picture and video files on apps like Whatsapp/ Skype. I try to put my phone on airplane mode when I'm not using it so as to save on battery (and data).