Appraise My Domains Please.

Discussion in 'Website Development & Design' started by JPM, Jul 15, 2011.

1. JPM

JPM
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have a number of domains, some new and some older which I would like some feedback on please.

TutorialsFor.Me
    AudioCouncil.Com
    TheAndroidCouncil.Com
    YourInternetProtocol.com
    ElectronicLoyalty.Com

• Like Like x 1
  2. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Other than "TutorialsFor.Me", none of the others has an actual website, and the URL "tutorialsforme.com", which would probably be used for the same purpose as "TutorialsFor.Me", is easier for people to remember, so would be worth more. "TheAndroidCouncil.com" sounds like a forum for user of Android phones, but the use of the word "council" seems strange, so that one probably would not be worth much either. As far as the others are concerned, unless someone has a specific purpose in mind related to the URL, there would be no reason to have them. Unfortunately, that means they're probably not worth much either.

• Like Like x 2
  3. JPM

JPM
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The idea behind the use of the word council was and is meant as a term to describe a group of people who give advice.

I have actually had a a decent offer for the Android domain.

Thank for your feedback. Much appreciated.

4. Jerlene

Jerlene
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Your domains are alright but I would sell them as a package instead of selling them separately (if you do decide to someday sell them) because you will get much more money if it's in a package. Separately they are worth reg to low xx. Together they are worth low xxx.

• Like Like x 1
  5. JPM

JPM
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks for the info' Why would they be worth more in a package?

6. Jerlene

Jerlene
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It just sounds like a better deal to people. Why buy one for xx when you can buy five for only xxx? Kind of like an infomercial. Are you interested in selling? I could help you sell them if you ever want to get rid of them.

7. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

TutorialsFor.Me - I generally associate .me domains with personal sites, however, I do like the way you use the for.me in that domain and it could be valuable to someone planning a tutorials site. Perhaps a site with articles on personal care, self development or something similar.

AudioCouncil.Com - sounds like the name of a band to me, or perhaps the name of a site related to audio / music technology. I like that domain, it is memorable and uses two dictionary words and I feel you could get a good price for it.

YourInternetProtocol.com could be a great domain for a what's my IP site. I feel that you could get a high $xx or low $xxx price for this domain if you found the right buyer. You might find it easier to sell for that kind of money if you put up a basic site on it and sold the site, rather than the domain on its own.

ElectronicLoyalty.Com - could be a nice domain for an Amazon affiliate store selling electronic products, or perhaps an eBay BANs store. You could quickly set up one of those sites, give it some initial promotion to test if can make money for you.

TheAndroidCouncil.Com my concern with that domain would be the use of the word "the", basically I'd be a little concerned that any promotion you do for that site would help the owner of the domain AndroidCouncil.Com.

• Like Like x 1
  8. JPM

JPM
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Some great feedback there Fergal, thank you. You have some good points especially about 'the' androidcouncil.com, I see what you're saying.

I first registered electronicloyalty.com with the idea of an online loyalty card in the future, I had never heard of an Ebay BANS store before, have you done this in the past?

9. JPM

JPM
    uix_expand uix_collapse

10. Jerlene

Jerlene
    uix_expand uix_collapse

TweetCrew.com is a good domain. Twitter is pretty "in" right now, it has been for years, and you've got it on a dot com. You could get low xx for this, mid xx to low xxx if developed.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I saw that those BANS stores got very popular a little while ago, but I never had one of them myself.

• Like Like x 1
  12. James Greg

James Greg
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Agreed. Only "TutorialsFor.Me" is a website and and as far as others the names are rarely to popup in anyone's mind unless they are in dire need of this specific purpose.

• Like Like x 1
  13. JPM

JPM
    uix_expand uix_collapse

So quite clearly it is better to develop slightly before selling a domain?

14. sidhuu

sidhuu
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Get the free appraisal service at Zippozap.com .Here you will query ten domains in a single shot..

15. Jerlene

Jerlene
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Those types of sites are automated and cannot give an accurate value.