Application Development

Discussion in 'Website Development & Design' started by rudradhar, Jan 15, 2013.

1. rudradhar

rudradhar
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi Guys,

I am new in application development. I wanted to develop an app like Rank Tracker. Which language would be the best for developing this app.

Also provide me some useful resources for developing this app.

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Which coding languages do you know rudradhar?

Personally I'm not familiar with Rank Tracker, have you taken a look at it to find out which programming language it is developed with?

3. rudradhar

rudradhar
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I had a bit idea about C#. I don't know anything about Rank Tracker's coding.

4. dgeneschi

dgeneschi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

As that's a desktop app, you'll need to consider what GUI library you'll need to leverage and library support for other essential app functions. If you're only targeting windows and want to use WPF, you'll probably want to write the app in C# (though you could presumably use any language that's supported by the CLR like IronPython, etc). If you don't mind using something like Qt (http://qt-project.org/) for your GUI and/or need to be cross-platform, you might want to look at something higher-level like Python (and the excellend, supported PySide Qt bindings: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PySide). If your app is one that does a lot of web requests and page scraping/DOM-parsing (as it looks like Rank Tracker does) you also should make sure that you choose a language with strong library support for those things (Python has Requests and PyQuery for instance; C# has HTMLAgilityPack).

• Like Like x 1
  5. kristenhanna

kristenhanna
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You can develop an app like Rank Tracker, if the app requires a core component interaction then it should develop in native (android, iphone), other than this we can create in html5 which is common to all mobile platforms.

6. madelinekim

madelinekim
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There are many web development services are available for developing a reliable application but as my point of view you can use ASP.NET with C# to develop this kind of web application because this framework is well known and popular to develop various kinds of web applications. You can get this framework from web and is easy to download.

7. MartinLeffie

MartinLeffie
    uix_expand uix_collapse

ASP.Net is used widely for the development of rank tracer.

8. Manish Vats

Manish Vats
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Rank Tracker: Rank Tracker is a tool who can check the keywords position in search engine of any website.