Anyone want to review my site?

Discussion in 'Website & Graphic Reviews' started by Remotestaff, Jun 23, 2010.

1. Remotestaff

Remotestaff
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Critiques and honest criticisms are most welcome. Thanks for your feedback, in advance.

2. Tecknowoman

Tecknowoman
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The black outlined reverse block text in the header hurts and is hard to read. A simpler more straightforward line like the line in red at the top of the main text may be better. It was only a quick look but it was that piece of text and the busy-ness of the side bar that I found slightly offputting visually.

3. TiaWood

TiaWood
    uix_expand uix_collapse

And I'd get rid of that orangish background. It clashes with the header.

4. Remotestaff

Remotestaff
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Will consider that. Thanks, Tecknowoman. Any other critiques?

Will consider this too, thanks.

#4 Remotestaff, Jun 24, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2010
  5. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I'd very much agree with these comments. That block of text could be made easier to read and perhaps the text could be re-worded to ensure that it communicates the key benefits of using your services.

I'd also agree that your home page looks a little cluttered / busy. The main purpose of the home page is to outline the benefits of what you provide and to encourage your visitors to explore your site further. It would probably help to reduce the amount of text on your home page (it's unlikely that a significant proportion of your visitors are reading all that text) and perhaps use more of the horizontal screen space, to spread your site out more and make it more user-friendly.

6. Remotestaff

Remotestaff
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Appreciate the tips, Fergal. I'm actually starting the process of revamping the site design, so your insights are truly appreciated.

7. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

You're very welcome Remotestaff, once you have made some changes please post back and we will give you feedback on them. Hopefully you will get feedback from more members, in the meantime.

8. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Here's my review:
    As said by others, the Employers' header is cluttered with text and is hard to read with white text and black outline. Have you tried the other way around, black text with white outline? It works on most of my graphics.

I also see that yo are targeting Filipino job seekers. But I don't see any telephone number located in the Philippines. Isn't it much better if you can have a telephone for job seekers residing in the Philippines? So that they will no pay for international calls?

The orange background contradicts with the other colors in the Employers' page. But the green one looks good.

Can you make your logo clickable so that people can go to the homepage? Most visitors try to click the logo to get to the homepage.

I also noticed that I have a hard time reading on the highlighted tabs on both pages. Maybe it's because of the color schemes used. Non-highlighted ones are just fine.

9. Tecknowoman

Tecknowoman
    uix_expand uix_collapse

OK if I take a step back and land on that page the first thing is I do not understand what you are doing or who you are targeting. What you do isn't immediately clear and obvious.

Before you make changes I'd suggest thinking through why people visit your site & what problem you are solving. Then decide what action(s) you want them to take. From there you have a good starting point to develop a clean design that says you understand why they're there, this is the benefit of your business to them and this is what they need to do.

That is the easiest way to strip out the other stuff. Everything else just clogs up and hides your message.

Once you ave those tied down then you can think about the clearest logos, headers, colours and hooks to speak to your market.

Is that more helpful?

10. Remotestaff

Remotestaff
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks for the suggestions, GekiDan.

Sorry, as a policy, we actually don't entertain phone queries from jobseekers. We encourage jobseekers instead to register and create an account on our site. Once they complete their profile details, our recruitment team will review their credentials and pre-screen them.

If a jobseeker is deemed qualified, our recruitment team based in the Philippines will contact the candidate and schedule them for interview.

Thanks also for the insights. Will consider them.

#10 Remotestaff, Jun 29, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2010
  11. kaila

kaila
    uix_expand uix_collapse

the grey background is making the entire site dull.

12. Remotestaff

Remotestaff
    uix_expand uix_collapse

OK, any specific suggestions on what should be done to make it less dull (or better, not dull at all) ?

13. Alexishost

Alexishost
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Can you change yellow background that say

"You can reach us thru Email or Call UK : +44 (0)20 8816 7802 AUS : 1300 733 430 / +61 3 9017 2828 USA : 1 800 760 5113

Clients | Subcontractors | Business Partners | Affiliates | Job Seekers LOGIN HERE"

same with yellow of your buttom navigation bar?

I See it will look better.

14. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

But why did you put telephone numbers on your site? What's the sole purpose for this one?:confused:

15. Remotestaff

Remotestaff
    uix_expand uix_collapse

These are for Client inquiries. There's a separate section in the site solely dedicated to Jobseekers.

16. Remotestaff

Remotestaff
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks, will consider it

17. Kay

Kay
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think the orange Gekidan mentioned would blend better if you made the red text that says "Experience Working with Us and You’ll Save 70% Off your Labour Cost! " the green color of the Job Seekers tab background or maybe slightly darker. There's too many colors going on. It's better to have a main one and a couple of accent colors. Three's a bit many for me but given your current template, I'd stick with just the orange, green and blue in the header.

I hate the outlined text. See, what the problem's been there is that the bg is gradiented and it's hard to get a color that works fine with all the different tones and remains legible.

Ok...back. I was halfway through this post LOL. I made you a mockup header and an example of what those changes would look like. You'll see what I mean about the colors better. The box is a bit rough I know but I wanted to share the idea and it was a very quick mockup.

I also reworded your intro box (depend on and rely on mean essentially the same thing) and also reworded your red text to make it more concise and add some punch. Keep it, discard it or change it as you wish. I'm sure the others will be kind enough to share input on that.

If you adopt the header I'd change the bg of the black tabs (Offshore Staff, etc) to a dark blue to tone in with that font color. It'll also pick up the colors in the flags at the top better. The black's too harsh I feel.

Revised header
    [​IMG]

The overall look:
    [​IMG]

Hope that helps!

And your video duration is wrong, don't know if I told you that already. It says seconds and should say minutes on them.

#17 Kay, Jun 30, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2010
  18. Remotestaff

Remotestaff
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Awesome suggestions, Kay. Will also consider these. Super thanks.

19. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

20. Remotestaff

Remotestaff
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks for sharing the link, GekiDan